Author Topic: SandmarX & Point Fifty live, together! (2 "forum" bands)  (Read 5678 times)

Offline Endureth

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 53
Re: SandmarX & Point Fifty live, together! (2 "forum" bands)
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2015, 08:54:53 pm »
The poster IS slick.

I like the latest Sandmarx logo too.  Time to let it age; I wouldn't change it.

Offline LievenDV

• Administrator
  • All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 163
    • Point Fifty
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2015, 03:54:15 pm »
So, both the GainStage (BE) and Utrecht (NL) gigs were this weekend.

I was looking forward to have SandmarX on stage and it was great to be their host. I tried to make sure they got everything they needed to feel at home.

For the GainStage gig, we had a lot of technical difficulties with the venue. (PA amps, bad settings, ...our soundguy tried his best to work with what they had) We als didn't manage to round up much people, despite all the paid, unpaid, paper and virutal advertisement. SandmarX played a good show and we (Point Fifty) felt ok about our gig too but it turned out to be just a warmup for the day after.
The band I booked as opener (Black Tolex) was actually a great band as well.

Out of bed, I had time to eat and then we left home again to drive to Utrecht (NL).
It was a cool little venue with great sound, a good in-house technician who worked great with out own soundguy. The local band "Chapter 5" opened and their brought some people to the gig. Point Fifty brougth the second act. I think we had the least amount of spectators in the room but that didn't matter to us. We had Dan from the forum, some other Dutch friends and we made some new friends as well ofcourse.

SandmarX totally nailed it. they had some loyal fans there and we turned it into a party with a lot of singing, headbanging and even a little mosh-pit moment :)
It was such a delight to be the SandmarX support band for 2 days in a row. They blast off the stage, especially with Marcus who literally jumped of the stage and come solo in the crowd. Sandra's amazing voice and charming smile never goes unnoticed to say the least. It's so cool to see how the quiet, even somewhat reserved members of SandmarX explode on a stage! :)

We really feel grateful to have been a part of all of this. Too bad GainStage was a bit "tame" compared to the atmosphere in Utrecht but we made it a great finishing show for the tour.

I wonder what cool pictures and video's there are; SandmarX had a guy from Hungary tagging along as driver and helper. I didn't get his name but he was such a great guy :) He made a lot of pictures so I'm sure some cool pics will pop up soon!

Checkout their website and become fan on facebook!
https://www.facebook.com/SandmarX?fref=ts
http://www.sandmarx.com
(and yeah, you should buy that album "A Perfect Storm"; it's great!

If you wonder what Point Fifty sounds like, you can download 5 songs for free on our website:
http://www.pointfifty.be
you're always welcome to become a fan on Facebook as well of course :)
https://www.facebook.com/PointFifty?fref=ts

Pictures will follow later

my band: fb: Point Fifty | Instagram: Point Fifty

Offline tobyjenner

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 118
  • You're never too old to Rock'n'Roll
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2015, 04:02:29 pm »
Lieven

Sounds like a good weekend despite the tech issues. Congrat for pulling it off, can't wait to see the pics or any videos if there are any.

Cheers

Toby
 8)
Arrived here Mar 2013 Since completed BC, RUST 1 & 2, IM and MTMS Now on Blues Rhythm and Blues Lead
My Soundcloud : https://soundcloud.com/tobyjenner/
Roadcase : https://justinguitarcommunity.com/index.php?topic=39537.msg339454#msg33945

Offline Dan Graves

• All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 172
  • Like Tuesday; Gone, with the Wind.
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2015, 04:07:12 pm »
I thought it was great fun  ;)
My (xx--xx) pics from the gigs are on my instagram, link is in my sig for those who want to take a peek.

Offline digger72

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 98
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2015, 04:13:27 pm »
You went out there and did it - that's all that matters.
Sounds like you had a great time.
Checked out Black Tolex - very impressed.

Be sure to post the video footage.

Sandmarx/P50 for the UK?

Online close2u

• Administrator
  • All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 491
  • Teesside, North East England.
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2015, 05:23:55 pm »
Congrats
Wow
Rock on

They are just my quick instant reactions

Offline marcusmarkmus

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 68
  • \,,/ SandmarX \,,/
    • my guitar playing videos! =) check them out!
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2015, 09:25:16 pm »
FIRST of all I want to thank Lieven again. From the moment we drove up to the venue in Belgium he was running around doing everything to make everything as good as possible for everyone. Amazing food, very helpfull with everything. Very cool! Also his band joined the audience and helped make it a real party in Utrecht. That is so awesomely done, I try my best to do the same to other bands I play with.

Everyone should def check out Point Fifty, especially guitarists and fans of rock and blues many cool riffs and tasty soloes. I'll try not to make this a circle jerk about how awesome we all are, but that kind of honest helpfullness and cool music is not something you see everyday.

In Utrecht I think you got a classic case of some people taking a "break" at the middle band, which often happens. If you knew how many times before Ive gotten on stage and my heart has just dropped as I see most of the audience leaving because their friends are done playing.  :P  ::)
Its just recently people are actually coming in instead when we go on. You still did a killer show though.

Here are some pics!  ;D

Should get some vids up later too.

I finally got to thank Dan Graves too in person for all the help he has given me on here :)
My band on Facebook: Sandmarx
on youtube: SandmarxTube

Online glpguitar

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 13
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2015, 10:13:30 pm »
Lieven - such an awesome report! I wish I was there!
And yeah - I couldn't agree more with you. Marcus is crazy guitarist haha :D.

And now, since we've opened for SandmarX in Germany, Point Fifty is our next "goal band" to play with! I hope we can arrange that as soon as possible :).

Keep rocking guys! And post some videos!

Offline justinguitar

• Administrator
  • Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 162
    • justinguitar.com
« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2015, 07:56:44 am »
Wish I could have gone but just too busy!! Looks great - did you guys film it?
"You can get help from teachers, but you are going to have to learn a lot by yourself, sitting alone in a room." Dr. Seuss

Offline LievenDV

• Administrator
  • All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 163
    • Point Fifty
« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2015, 10:13:00 am »
Marcus had GoPro's running. Marcus' gopro fell of the monitor he had it attached to. I picked it up and did some filming with it. Not sure if it comes with usable audio but it might give an impression of what it looked like.

we forgot one thing though, we forgot to do a jam together or something ^^
my band: fb: Point Fifty | Instagram: Point Fifty

Offline digger72

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 98
« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2015, 06:53:34 pm »
Great pics.

Get The Forum As A Mobile App