Author Topic: SC-251 • The Major Scale: Pattern 1  (Read 3195 times)

Offline shadowscott007

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 117
Re: SC-251 • The Major Scale: Pattern 1
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2016, 01:56:44 pm »
When learning the scales you practice trying to use 'perfect form" - nicely arched fingers no other strings being touched.

When using the scales in the wild you may at times be required to diverge from that perfect form for specific reasons.

But "perfect form" as the baseline will tend to make those divergences relatively easy mods to make. 

That is as opposed to coming from a baseline of "sloppy form" and having to execute "perfect form" for something - a much more difficult task.

Shadow
The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Offline Stormya

• Bedroom Rocker
  • Good Vibes 2
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2016, 09:35:05 pm »
Hi - Thanks for the various answers.
Seagull S6 Original

Offline budhiser

• Bedroom Rocker
  • Good Vibes 0
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2017, 08:11:49 pm »
I have to admit, I'm struggling with this scale as well but didn't seem to have any issues with minor pentatonic scale.  Right off I was doing fine with the G Major scale but I've seen to have regressed some.  My fingers seem uncooperative.  For others interested - practicing along with the Justin video helps and keeps me focused on the "right-way", but its tedious. Please someone tell me Justin flubs up every now and then.  In the video he's always perfect!  :P

Offline stitch101

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 129
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2017, 09:35:46 pm »
He's been doing it for most of his life. Once you've done it 10,000 times you won't screw up either. ;)

Get The Forum As A Mobile App