Author Topic: Beater or Low End Bass  (Read 7617 times)

Offline LBro

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 156
  • Well I am working on it.
    • YouTube offerings
Re: Beater or Low End Bass
« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2015, 11:06:47 pm »
@ Mike & Cue,
Yep that is pretty much what the guy said who sold me the Bass. He was an older guy and had at least a dozen basses hanging on the wall! Everything he said so far has been on the money. He said the active electronics would boost the signal and give better tonal response. Just what you guys are saying. So I am glad to hear he was shooting straight. But then he looked like a straight shooter too and he was a very good bass player.

Only bummer I see with the active electronics is that if you leave it plugged in when not in use your going to be looking for a battery. Newer electronics like on my SG are better. I think I have auto tuned the SG about 100 times now and have yet to recharge the battery. It is moving the pegs too by using servo motors and I would think that would sap the battery, but darn it is sure holding up well. So I hope the bass is easy on batteries. Not a huge deal if not as I will never play the bass as much as my guitars. At least that is the way it looks now.

LB
You can rock a bit here:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNOrtongjfX4RI33JWKwn7Q/featured

"I just experiment in guitar and music, at times something good comes of it..."
LB

Offline Cue Zephyr

• All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 91
    • Ezyo Music
« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2015, 11:45:19 pm »
That's pretty much everybody's gripe about active electronics. Then again, my mandolin has a passiv epick-up and I don't have a compatible DI (impedance mismatch) so it's two-sided. It doesn't matter much if you have an acoustic amp to plug it into, but I'm trying to sell that as we speak. :P

Good to know I wasn't talking xx--xx and I can safely recall it without looking like a fool. 8)
Guitar, banjo, mandolin and piano, bass and percussion
Production and mixing

Offline LBro

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 156
  • Well I am working on it.
    • YouTube offerings
« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2015, 12:20:39 am »
That's pretty much everybody's gripe about active electronics. Then again, my mandolin has a passiv epick-up and I don't have a compatible DI (impedance mismatch) so it's two-sided. It doesn't matter much if you have an acoustic amp to plug it into, but I'm trying to sell that as we speak. :P

Good to know I wasn't talking xx--xx and I can safely recall it without looking like a fool. 8)

Cue I wonder... would it help to get an impedance matching box for your mandolin? If you hunted a bit you can probably find one that would do the job and has a knob for setting the impedance to what you need. ART makes a bunch of stuff that does that and the prices are pretty reasonable.

LB
You can rock a bit here:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNOrtongjfX4RI33JWKwn7Q/featured

"I just experiment in guitar and music, at times something good comes of it..."
LB

Get The Forum As A Mobile App