Author Topic: BS-625 • Let Her Go - Passenger  (Read 7493 times)

Offline Indigo

• Administrator
  • Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 3
BS-625 • Let Her Go - Passenger
« on: May 18, 2015, 05:36:42 pm »
« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 09:53:17 pm by Indigo »

Offline warth0g

• Bedroom Rocker
  • Good Vibes 0
Re: ST-346 • Let Her Go - Passenger
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2015, 04:19:44 pm »
Lovely song and, as usual, a great lesson from Justin - thanks! I wondered if anyone else is experiencing the same as me when playing with the capo so far up the neck. I'm finding that the string tension is very high and the action very low. The strings are really cutting into my fingers and it gets painful after a while. I've been playing for 1.5 years, so no newbie.. anyone else get this?

I wonder if my guitar's action (which was professionally set up a while back) is too low now. It plays well with no capo and doesn't buzz. But with the capo at the 7th fret, it's hard to avoid buzzes and it does hurt quite a bit after a while. Do I need to set it up again? Or is this normal?

Offline jellybee

• Bedroom Rocker
  • Good Vibes 1
Re: BS-625 • Let Her Go - Passenger
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2017, 03:40:20 pm »
Hello.
I'm working on this song and there are a few things I'm confused about.
First is my hand is quite small, so I can't seem to do the Fmj7 with the thumb over. Is there any other way to do it ?

Also, I see that in the intro and the chorus, Justin said "F" but he did the "Fmj7" form. So are they interchangeable or have the same form ?
The second is the picking part of intro before going to the strumming part. Justin said it was a G chord, but it is strange to me. And how should I do the initial picking if I don't play fingerstyle ?

Offline N.I.B.

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2021, 02:27:33 am »
I'd appreciate some help with a breakdown of the strumming pattern. In the video just said he'd post a tab explaining it, though I can't seem to find one on the website. Can anyone help break it down? I think he'd explained this type of strumming in a lesson before but I can't seem to recollect or locate the lesson. Since we're carrying out 8 strums, does that mean it'd double the pace if you're going by the normal 4/4?

There are quite a few others who are looking for help with the strumming on the website too, so hopefully, it should help us all out.

Online adi_mrok

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 87
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2021, 10:11:05 am »
Hi NIB I think Justin explains it pretty well in his video, you need to count each bar as "1-e-and-a" and play each strum with some little accents on up strums and it's over and over repeated as pattern goes with accents bolded:

1e+a 2e+a 3e+a 4e+a

I would suggest going through 16th notes strumming lessons from Justin to practice simpler patterns before getting on with this song:

https://www.justinguitar.com/guitar-lessons/introducing-16th-note-strumming-im-115

Sent from my SM-G973F using JustinGuitar Community mobile app

Offline stitch101

• All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 252
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2021, 04:48:22 pm »
I'd appreciate some help with a breakdown of the strumming pattern. In the video just said he'd post a tab explaining it, though I can't seem to find one on the website. Can anyone help break it down? I think he'd explained this type of strumming in a lesson before but I can't seem to recollect or locate the lesson. Since we're carrying out 8 strums, does that mean it'd double the pace if you're going by the normal 4/4?

There are quite a few others who are looking for help with the strumming on the website too, so hopefully, it should help us all out.

I agree with adi_mrok
Justin couldn't explain it any clearer on the video.
It starts a around the 8 minute mark of the video. He even gives examples of the strumming with
muted strings and counts it out with Down and Up  accents.

Offline firstrazor

• Pub Night Playa
  • Good Vibes 12
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2021, 03:21:16 pm »
A few more Justin songs are played using very similar 16th pattern: One by U2, and Coldplay by Trouble.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Get The Forum As A Mobile App