Author Topic: Ipad Ap that allows to make edits to chords and lyrics on the fly??  (Read 1673 times)

Offline Perkinsman

• Good Vibes 0
I currently have transferred alot of my songs to my Ipad but found during rehearsals that I need to make edits, usually the chords. Are there any ap's for lyrics AND chords for the Ipad that allows you to edit??

Offline justinguitar

• Administrator
  • Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 162
    • justinguitar.com
Re: Ipad Ap that allows to make edits to chords and lyrics on the fly??
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2015, 10:38:12 am »
Not sure but which app are you using? and how is it - got plans on doing a reviews vid of the various apps for sheet music!
"You can get help from teachers, but you are going to have to learn a lot by yourself, sitting alone in a room." Dr. Seuss

Offline Steve St.Laurent

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 18
Re: Ipad Ap that allows to make edits to chords and lyrics on the fly??
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2015, 06:54:50 pm »
I use music reader on my mac's and my iPad.  It uses pdf's and while you can't directly edit the original material you can add notes, etc.  You can either do it freeform (like drawing with a pencil) or with text typing it out on the onscreen keyboard.  It saves those changes to the PDF and they can be edited afterwards too.  Here's an example from a song we're performing sunday.  The Am on the 3rd line was using the onscreen keyboard - it's a more permanent edit so I did it clean. The rest of the notes are how the leader wants it played this time but often changes so I just did those with the freestyle pencil (that's quicker too).  I'll sometimes make the initial notes with the pencil during a rehearsal and then afterwards clean it up.  I have a pen that I velcro to my music stand that has a pad on the top of it for writing on tablets - much more accurate than using your finger.

I also like that musicreader allows you to sync between devices and the license supports multiple devices too.  I have it on two laptops and on my iPad.  I also use an air turn bluetooth pedal to flip the pages on stage and a midi footpedal (McMillen Softstep) to flip the pages on my mac that's on my music rack.  Works great.

Get The Forum As A Mobile App