Author Topic: Just a hello!  (Read 610 times)

Offline 46and2

• Good Vibes 0
Just a hello!
« on: March 18, 2015, 10:37:33 am »
Hi all

I've been playing guitar on and off for the last 20 years or so, but I've only ever played chuggy metal and grunge. I recently decided that I really want to learn to play guitar properly after all these years, especially since my musical tastes have expanded somewhat in the last few years ( blues, hendrix etc).

I decided to get an electric guitar after not having had one for several years,  because I have a young family and the only time I get to practice is when everyone else is asleep!

I ended up getting a Schecter 7 string (I've always wanted a 7 string!) and I'm loving actually trying to play things other than pounding sludgy riffs (although obviously I still love playing those as well!). I'm not sure if it will make learning harder having a 7 string but I guess I'll have to cope!

So yeah I just wanted to jump in and say hey, because this seems like a really friendly place.

I'm going to start working my way through the beginner's course tonight, but I'm kinda dreading seeing how much I've been doing wrong for the last 20 years......

Offline hilts17

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 53
Re: Just a hello!
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2015, 10:50:33 am »
Welcome to the forum! You're right about this being a very friendly place. Lots of knowledgable people here to help along the way. You'll find Justin's course to be structured very well. Enjoy the ride!
Martin D28
Seagull S6 Original
Seagull Entourage CW Black QI
Seagull Coastline 12 String
Yamaha Pacifica 112

Online close2u

• Administrator
  • All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 439
  • Teesside, North East England.
Re: Just a hello!
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2015, 11:17:30 am »