Author Topic: m_c's collection  (Read 1194 times)

Offline m_c

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 30
m_c's collection
« on: March 10, 2015, 11:46:06 pm »
My collection so far.

My much loved Strat-
Blue Strat by mc_mtb, on Flickr
It's a 2003 American Standard in Chrome Blue that I received for my 21st birthday.

And no electric guitar would be complete without at least one pedal
Pedals by mc_mtb, on Flickr

I've had the DS-2 for about the same length of time I've had the Strat, but the TU-3 is only a week old.
The DS-2 has gathered that much dust, the original battery only went flat a couple weeks ago, but it's seen a lot more use lately thanks to Justin's power chord lessons.
The TU-3 is a revelation for tuning, compared to my old tuner. Hit the pedal, pick a string and you get a nice large display telling you what the note is, if it's sharp, and lovely large coloured arrows telling you if it's sharp/flat.

As for an Amp, I don't think it's even worth taking a picture of my rubbish little Marshall MG10somethingorother.
I get far better sound using a set of headphones through my Focusrite 2i2, however some GAAS may be in the not so distant future...

Offline licksnkicks

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 53
Re: m_c's collection
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2015, 09:28:32 pm »
Nice gear!

I am not too happy with my amp either.  My is a transistor amp.  I want a tube amp very badly. 
I have a Marshall DFX 50!  It really sucks!
MG50DFX Marshall amp, Vox DA5 CL amp, Gibson SG Standard, Parker Nitefly electric/accoustic guitar,  Parker P-38 SA electric/accoustic guitar,  Academy electric custom guitar,  0 tolerance 4 stupidity

Offline m_c

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 30
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2015, 10:28:06 pm »
Cheers for the comments.

Yeah, I'm very tempted by a Blackstar HT-5R half stack, as it would slot in a gap nicely, and I like the idea of being able to swap heads/speakers, rather than be stuck with a fixed combo.
However a Amplifi 75 would probably be a wiser purchase as it would give me decent sound for my computer and streaming music, as my old computer sound system died last year so am stuck with either headphones or rubbish laptop speakers.

Offline m_c

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 30
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2015, 11:47:53 pm »
Finally added a decent amp to the collection.
Got a Fender Mustang III for Christmas, which I'm liking so far. Still need to get Fuse installed on a computer, but I've found a couple presets I'm pretty happy with for what I'm currently playing.

I'm not going to bother with a photo of it though, as I'm sure plenty can be found via google if you really want to see a photo of one. However I should really get a photo of my pedal collection, and maybe a pedal board to put them on..

Offline de_conne

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 37
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2016, 01:25:56 pm »
Love the strat ,nice color.

I want something similar myself. A descent American Fender strat with maple neck.
BC started Jan 2014, currently at Blues Course
Guitars: Yamaha Pacifica 112 J YNS,Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plutop Pro Cherry Sunburst Heritage,Seagull Coastline Cedar Folk
Amp: Fender Mustang III v2
https://soundcloud.com/de_conne

Offline m_c

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 30
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2016, 12:23:58 am »
Not looked in here for a while, but this mysteriously appeared a couple months back  ::)

This one's more quilt

Not quite the dark blue version I was looking for, but it's definitely grown on me.
I love how it feels and plays, but it could really do with a new neck pickup that matches the bridge.

De_conne, buy one!
A Strat was always my dream guitar, and I'm glad I got it when I did, as I've not seen a shade of Fender blue I'd like since.

Get The Forum As A Mobile App