Author Topic: CS-005 • Hey Joe (SOLO) - Jimi Hendrix  (Read 5974 times)

Offline Indigo

• Administrator
  • Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 3
CS-005 • Hey Joe (SOLO) - Jimi Hendrix
« on: March 09, 2015, 01:26:44 am »
« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 01:00:21 pm by Indigo »

Offline enjoythejuice

• Good Vibes 1
Re: CS-005 • Hey Joe (SOLO) - Jimi Hendrix
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2015, 12:07:19 pm »
When Justin is speaking about his all-time favorite Jimi lick, why is he using third finger to get the D (played with E) and bends with second finger? Wouldn't it be easier to use the little finger to get the D and bend with third finger? Or is it because Hendrix played it that way?

Offline Hippie Dave

• Bedroom Rocker
  • Good Vibes 1
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2015, 11:00:19 am »
Hi, Watching this lesson I noticed the pickups on the red Strat being used, they are Kinman aren't they ?
Just that I have a Strat that I bought second hand with Kinman Hx's fitted. The Kinman circuits weren't seeming to work so I have the pickups wired as per Fender standard i.e. no circuitry.

Is Justin's Strat with circuitry ?

I realise this may be not the exact thread to ask this question but the lesson was where I saw the pickups.
Please redirect me if necessary, I would like to know about the spec for this Strat.

Love and Peas, Hippie Dave

Offline TheCasual

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 21
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2015, 03:34:07 pm »
Hi, Watching this lesson I noticed the pickups on the red Strat being used, they are Kinman aren't they ?
Just that I have a Strat that I bought second hand with Kinman Hx's fitted. The Kinman circuits weren't seeming to work so I have the pickups wired as per Fender standard i.e. no circuitry.

Is Justin's Strat with circuitry ?

I realise this may be not the exact thread to ask this question but the lesson was where I saw the pickups.
Please redirect me if necessary, I would like to know about the spec for this Strat.

Love and Peas, Hippie Dave

This a quote of Justin's site about his Strat.

1989 Fender Stratocaster Plus (Red)
This was my first ever Strat I bought in Tasmania, one of the very few new guitars I ever bought. I got it cos a great Aussie guitar player called Simon Patterson came to see me play in my covers band, and he said I played great but my tone sucked and I should go buy a Strat... so I did and then started my "tone quest" so I blame Simon for all the money I've wasted on gear :) ha ha. Not much original left in it now... I was already heavily customised but in early 2011 I pulled out all the old electrics and pickguard and replaced the lot to make it sound like a strat again! Completely new wiring, new pick guard, Kinmann Woodstock pickups, Back in the early 90's I upgraded the Roller nut (the first wide ones they had sucked big time), added teflon saddles (great idea!!) and it's been refretted a couple of times.
Fender Modern Player Jaguar,
Fender Squier AffinityHSS Stratocaster
Vintage V100, Epiphone Dove Pro
Fender Mustang 1, Peavey Vypyr 30
Started the guitar journey 10th Janaury 2013.

Offline diademgrove

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 48
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2015, 09:18:14 pm »
I think I'm going to bite the bullet and try to learn this. I suspect Justin was being diplomatic about Hendrix's sense of timing on the solo in the video so I'll use the cd version rather than as metronome.

Hopefully if I learn to play it I'll put it up. Looking forward to getting the Solo book from my local music shop, it might mean they order more copies.

Get The Forum As A Mobile App