Author Topic: Anybody interested in doing a drum track for my original?  (Read 2180 times)

Offline TB-AV

• Honorable Ex-Mod
  • All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 329
Re: Anybody interested in doing a drum track for my original?
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2015, 05:49:56 pm »
I backed myself up to the cloud and now float by depending on which way the wind is blowing.
Gone

Offline mike42

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 44
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2015, 07:14:01 pm »
LBro-

I use EZDrummer. Like you I normally focus on rock-based stuff, but I can get some different sounds out of the Indie Folk EZX and even the Rock EZX is somewhat versatile.

Obviously Superior Drummer is much more tweakable than EZD, but I do have some time this weekend so I'll give it a shot. If I can't get the sound she's looking for then nothing hurt, I suppose!

Offline LBro

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 89
  • Well I am working on it.
    • YouTube offerings
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2015, 07:41:49 pm »
I backed myself up to the cloud and now float by depending on which way the wind is blowing.

Hum, sounds like your working on lyrics to a new song?
                               ;)

LB
You can rock a bit here:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNOrtongjfX4RI33JWKwn7Q/featured

"I just experiment in guitar and music, at times something good comes of it..."
LB

Offline Hollywood

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 41
    • Official Website
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2015, 11:29:40 pm »
Rachel,  why don't you increase your odds and simply post a guide vocal/guitar track and let whomever do whatever.

Can someone show me an example of what that would be? 

I admit that even though I trust all of you with this, I'm a little hesitant to share the final song on the internet at all before I have it copyrighted.  I've got several songs that are partway done, and I was trying to get at least 3 or 4 finished and then copyright them all at the same time to save money.  Apparently you can do up to 10 at a time for the same price as one if you do them as a collection. 
Frontwoman of folk-rock band Lighting Matches
www.LightingMatches.weebly.com
www.Facebook.com/LightingMatchesMusic

Debut solo EP "Destination Sunday" (Rachel White)

Offline tobyjenner

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 103
  • You're never too old to Rock'n'Roll
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2015, 11:50:27 pm »
Maybe a bit presumptive but if Rachel does not want to share right now across the forum, there's still a good few folk here on the forum that could give her the percussion she's looking for via a PM.

So perhaps, put yourself forward to provide the backing percussion and let Rachel PM you with one of her tracks to see how it pans out. Just an idea 8)
Arrived here Mar 2013 Since completed BC, RUST 1 & 2, IM and MTMS Now on Blues Rhythm and Blues Lead
My Soundcloud : https://soundcloud.com/tobyjenner/
Roadcase : https://justinguitarcommunity.com/index.php?topic=39537.msg339454#msg33945

Offline Hollywood

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 41
    • Official Website
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2015, 11:53:38 pm »
Well it's not just the forum, it's just that I'd have to upload the track for the final version of the song somewhere for anyone to hear it.  I seriously doubt anyone would steal it (especially on this forum, but just in general) but being my first song I'm probably a little over-protective of it.

Offline LBro

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 89
    • YouTube offerings
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2015, 11:56:31 pm »
Rachel,
For the purpose of making a drum track for you, the example of it is already done. You could simply boil your guitar and vocals down and output them as an MP3 file. Pretty sure most DAWs will be able to import that and allow whoever wants to the ability to create a drum track for you. I would suggest the drum track come back to you in the form of a WAV file. If both ends of the collaboration were working on the files back and forth then they should all be WAV files.

Not sure how much the copyright fee is... but by all means if your worried about that, then do it. The peace of mind it gives you would be worth it.

Also, it is simpler to create the drum track first and then lay down the guitar, other instruments and vocals. I think some suggested you do your guitar vocal thing, post the file - maybe by pm exchange so it is not on the net. Then the drum track provider would create the main drum pattern for you. Once you get that file in your DAW then you lay down your guitar and vocals. Your file(s) could then go back to the drum track provider so they can add drum intro, fills and whatever else you might want to tweak.

If you are spot on with the click track in your DAW or a metronome then drums can be added after the vocals and guitar..... but I prefer to put the drums down first, then you can simply play to that beat. Also what would help is if you find an example in a song of a drum pattern you think you might like and share that with the drum pattern creators.

I forget what you have for a DAW.... but you might want to mention that again when your ready to do this.

LB
You can rock a bit here:

LB

Offline Hollywood

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 41
    • Official Website
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2015, 12:07:12 am »
Not sure how much the copyright fee is... but by all means if your worried about that, then do it. The peace of mind it gives you would be worth it.

I forget what you have for a DAW.... but you might want to mention that again when your ready to do this.

I think it's $45 whether you do one song or 10, so I'd prefer to do as many as I can at once. But as soon as that happens, I'll have at least 4 songs needing drum tracks.  This is more to get an idea of who would be interested in doing it for me, though I admit I didn't really think about the copyright thing until a week or 2 ago when I realized I hadn't done it yet.

I use Reaper.

Offline LBro

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 89
    • YouTube offerings
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2015, 12:16:09 am »
Ah Reaper... That is a good one. Not what I use but it is very capable.

Maybe for now you want to have those interested send you a PM. You could then privately send them your 'demo' file and go from there. Nothing would have to be posted on the Net until your ready. Toby had a good idea on this one.

In addition folks will need to know the time signature and how many BPM your song file is.

LB
You can rock a bit here:

LB

Offline Hollywood

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 41
    • Official Website
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2015, 12:17:14 am »
Will do. Thanks, LB  :)

Get The Forum As A Mobile App