Author Topic: Reviews of The Ukulele Songbook  (Read 1985 times)

Offline justinguitar

• Administrator
  • Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 139
    • justinguitar.com
Reviews of The Ukulele Songbook
« on: December 18, 2014, 03:58:36 pm »
Help others by leaving a review! :) Many thanks!
"You can get help from teachers, but you are going to have to learn a lot by yourself, sitting alone in a room." Dr. Seuss

Offline juke_box_hero

• Good Vibes 0
Re: Reviews of The Ukulele Songbook
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2014, 08:36:44 pm »
Hi,

First, massive thanks to Justin for getting me going on guitar and ukulele. I got my uke book just over a week after ordering here in Canada despite the Xmas mails. The typesetting and graphics are superb. The book is not coil bound and there is no ebook yet. The range of songs by genres will satisfy all. Justin has added his personal touch to many of the arrangements. After the first few pages he wades deeper than his first lessons taught me, but his uke songbook videos are coming out. Noobs may do well to use a complete method in addition realizing Justin is focusing on chord strumming with only a little finger style. You will be learning lots of chords and sorting out progressions. He gives at least one strum pattern plus a few hints for each song; he has a really great percussive pattern for "Stand By Me" and his arrangement of Cohen's (proudly Canadian) "Hallelujah" is the best I've seen for uke. I would recommend to all novices and in particular to those learning both guitar and uke through Justin. Well done and best wishes.

Get The Forum As A Mobile App