Author Topic: Ordered it. Got it. Like it. Reviews / Comments / Questions etc.  (Read 3638 times)

Offline close2u

• Administrator
  • All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 679
  • Teesside, North East England.
Reviews / Comments / Questions etc ...

Offline Murphy

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 0
Re: Ordered it. Got it. Like it. Reviews / Comments / Questions etc.
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2015, 03:33:06 am »
I have been working on BYE BYE LOVE for several weeks. I have the cords and cord changes pretty good but cannot get it to sound like the song. Have a smooth strum that follows the recommended pattern. BUT, for the life of me I cannot get the tempo right.

I really wish that Justin would recommend tempo BPM in his song books. I have the Beginner and Vintage books. If he included tempo rates it would give us a target. I fully understand that we need to work up to it but when is too fast or slow! (I play Stand By Me but sometimes I think the tempo is not correct although not out by much.)

Have tried with my metronome to match speed with the original song but that does not work for me. I do not have the skill - hope it will come someday. As implied I am totally frustrated. 

HOPEFULLY, Justin reads this and includes tempo in future books!!!!!

Offline Joerfe

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 108
Re: Ordered it. Got it. Like it. Reviews / Comments / Questions etc.
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2015, 08:29:22 am »
Murphy, if your metronome has a tap tempo functionality you simply tap that following the beat of the song. No biggie.

\m/ rock on \m/
end Jesper
/Jesper

Sigma SOMR28H, Fender Classic '50s Tele, Tokai Les Paul Reborn 2010, Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded TB 'Slash specs'.
Boss GT-1000, Line6 Powercab 100

Get The Forum As A Mobile App