Author Topic: Is there anybody active around here?  (Read 1974 times)

Offline juanitabanana29

• Good Vibes 0
Is there anybody active around here?
« on: October 03, 2014, 05:39:10 pm »
I'm afraid I'm gonna be nicknamed as "the-pain-in-the-ass-guy", but I'm still wondering if there is anything actually goin' on when it comes to the translations.

The forum is dead. Can't get an answer to a simple question here or on amara. I've seen translations waiting a review for more than two years, others waiting a simple approval for a year and a half, others that I'd like to translate but it's impossible to do so in french for some mysterious reasons...

So is it worth it to even do any translations ? If my work wait in the limbs for a few years before actually be used, why should I bother? Is there some active members in the french community of translators?

Offline stitch101

• All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 188
Re: Is there anybody active around here?
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2014, 06:07:50 pm »
Have you tried e-mailing Jedi He's the customer service guy but also sees Justin regularly.
Went o the home page to get his email address for you and see he is a regular on twitter so that
may be a faster way to get any answers.
Here's Jedi's page

http://justinguitar.com/en/AA-090-CustomerServices.php

Offline close2u

• Administrator
  • All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 490
  • Teesside, North East England.
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2014, 07:00:39 pm »
Didn't you get any response after Justin followed up here?

http://justinguitarcommunity.com/index.php?topic=35476.0

Offline juanitabanana29

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2014, 07:56:52 pm »
no, no, I did get some good answers for the first complain I made. I've been accepted on amara, did a few translations...But I'm talking about the general atmosphere of the all thing. Like I said, it doesn't seem to be active in any way, at least in the french corner, but in general it seems dead as well.

I was probably dreaming but I thought once you did a translation, it would take like 1-2 weeks to be approved, not 2 years ! I was thinking there was a sort of community, exchanging translation tips, helping each other...

It's cool of you two to have answered me, it's good to see someone is alive around here. I should probably ride my unicorn and go back to Wonderland, where everything works perfectly as planned :-)

Get The Forum As A Mobile App