Author Topic: Tim Pierce Rhythm Loop  (Read 647 times)

Offline Borodog

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 92
Tim Pierce Rhythm Loop
« on: October 02, 2014, 06:05:12 am »
Here is another one guys. I used the RP255's drum machine for this one, and did not play any bass for it. I was practicing a rhythm piece from Tim Pierce and then turned it into a backing loop in Audacity. In G. Chords are G D C G. I double tracked the guitar and panned it hard left and hard right.

https://soundcloud.com/borodog/tim-pierce-rhythm-loop

Tim Pierce is an absolute beast, by the way. Highly recommend that guy's videos. Eye opening stuff.
Insert humorous signature here.

Offline zaxxaz

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 2
Re: Tim Pierce Rhythm Loop
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2014, 10:17:10 pm »
Thanks for that Bdog and you are right tim pierce is way cool

Cheers, jim.

Offline tobyjenner

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 101
  • You're never too old to Rock'n'Roll
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2014, 11:24:22 pm »
Here is another one guys. I used the RP255's drum machine for this one, and did not play any bass for it. I was practicing a rhythm piece from Tim Pierce and then turned it into a backing loop in Audacity. In G. Chords are G D C G. I double tracked the guitar and panned it hard left and hard right.

Tim Pierce is an absolute beast, by the way. Highly recommend that guy's videos. Eye opening stuff.

Boro as I'm new to this recording stuff your explanation above could have been in Russian. A few years ago I would have said French but as I retired to France 2 1/2 years ago we'll give that a miss. There's obviously more to Audacity I need to learn but that this was a nice progression, well played and structured. Sounds familiar but can't quite place it. Need to rummage through the synapses. Skynyrd ish?
Arrived here Mar 2013 Since completed BC, IM and MTMS Now on Blues Rhythm and Blues Lead
My Soundcloud : https://soundcloud.com/tobyjenner/
My Roadcase : https://justinguitarcommunity.com/index.php?topic=39537.msg339454#msg33945

Offline Borodog

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 92
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2014, 03:00:42 pm »
I played it on the bridge pickup with a bit of overdrive, so it came out sort of Southern rockish. If I'd played it on the bridge pickup clean it might sound sort of Motown R&B/soulish like the other one. Both these pieces are actually extremely similiar in the techniques used. That was the point of the Tim Pierce vid; that the same techniques, this sort of Hendrixy type of pentatonic rhythm filling, is widely applicable across many genres.
Insert humorous signature here.

Offline TheYuppingGuppys

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 8
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2014, 09:04:41 pm »
Really enjoyed that, fantastic playing.

And I agree, Tim Pierce is brilliant.

Get The Forum As A Mobile App