Author Topic: Corrections Thread = Spotted a mistake? Tell me here!! :)  (Read 4819 times)

Offline Indigo

• Administrator
  • Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 3
Corrections Thread = Spotted a mistake? Tell me here!! :)
« on: September 04, 2014, 12:54:03 pm »
Many Thanks!

Offline velovagabond

• Good Vibes 1
Re: Corrections Thread = Spotted a mistake? Tell me here!! :)
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2014, 12:54:29 am »
After seeing Justin's video lesson today for Green Onions, I was looking at the tab in the book. Pretty sure the song is a 12-bar blues, but the Tune section of the chord sheet has 16 bars. I think that section should look like this:

F       F         F        F
B-flat  B-flat    F        F
C       B-flat    F        F

Super fun song to play along with!
Cheers!
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 10:12:04 am by close2u »

Offline henkah79

• Bedroom Rocker
  • Good Vibes 0
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2015, 12:05:21 pm »
hey Justin! i have got the vintage songbook just about a week or 2.
when i look at the song arangements in the beginners section of the book and then the video arangement on your site it doesn't match up.
I don't know why but it is not making any sense to me.
if I watch your beginners songs video on the site you are using techniques that are not even used in the beginners course or even in the first 2 sections of the intermediate course.
I don't know if you did this for a reason but just wanted you to inform.

BR, a guitar addict!

Offline SomeClown

• Good Vibes 0
  • I ukulele, daily.
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2015, 12:21:45 am »
On Everybody's Talkin,' you pretty well have to play the major 7th note on the fourth fret of the third string.

Playing that note by lifting off of the tonic on the first fret of the second string paints you into a corner.

The major seventh, the dominant seventh, the sixth and, finally, the fifth of the scale should all be played on the third string, while keeping the tonic on the second string and the major third on the top string (thinnest, if you insist) maintaining their 'ding dong' type rhythm.
I ukulele, daily.

Offline mshanecrowe

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2015, 01:45:20 am »
Anybody tried Take It Easy by The Eagles? What's in the Vintage book for the outro doesn't sound like the record. The record sounds more like C C G G repeated over and over until it ends on Em.

Offline 12-string_Doug

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 16
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2015, 05:36:22 am »
One other book I have shows it as G-F(9)-C over the extended "ea-ea-sy" parts, and ending on Em. The one F(9) voicing I saw and heard (strummed and arpeggiated) on another site sounds like it could work. The shape is basically the "cheater" F (barred only on the first and second strings), with the fourth finger on the third fret of the fourth string, and the third finger on the third fret of the sixth string. (So 3O3211).

It's too late for me to be trying it out now, since the Boss Lady is sleeping, but tomorrow I might try what's in the Vintage book, what you suggested, and then what's in the other book.

Lotta good songs in the Vintage book.  8)

Get The Forum As A Mobile App