Author Topic: TE-403 • The Disappearing Metronome Trick  (Read 1900 times)

Offline Indigo

• Administrator
  • Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 3
« Last Edit: August 15, 2014, 07:47:14 pm by Indigo »

Offline Gregg Hermetech

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 5
  • Mastering Engineer
    • Hermetech Mastering
Re: TE-403 • The Disappearing Metronome Trick
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2017, 10:21:18 am »
This is great, I have incorporated five minutes of this into my daily practise schedule, along with the Intermediate Course. Only been doing it a week but already it's disappearing a little more than when I started. Will keep at it, can imagine if you do it long term it will really improve your groove (man!)

Offline Gregg Hermetech

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 5
  • Mastering Engineer
    • Hermetech Mastering
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2017, 01:43:17 pm »
P.S. Should we be trying to increase the tempo of this excercise beyond 60 BPM, or not until we can get to at least 10/20/30 seconds of the "disappearing metronome" etc?

Offline Gregg Hermetech

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 5
  • Mastering Engineer
    • Hermetech Mastering
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2018, 11:06:20 am »
Or could we go to 16th notes as well?

Offline Shaolindelt

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 2
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2018, 01:20:39 pm »
I’ve always had pretty good rhythm (earlier music training) but I like this one too.  I would think once you get eighth notes down at 60, varying the BPM is your next goal.  If you’ve really got it, I bet 70, 80, 90 won’t cause much problem.  As you get to 120, now you’re testing some speed differences a bit more so that might start showing some things to work on.

After getting a few different BPMs down I think this one could really help someone with faster note timings or strumming patterns.  I’d use it to supplement timing in songs you are learning.  Learning a song with sixteenth notes?  Then maybe add to this exercise with 4 clicks per beat.  I’ve used this successfully to help with strumming patterns too.  DD_UD - I should only hear the metronome on beat 3.  As you move to more intricate strum patterns, some of those patterns can be tough to stay in a groove.

But, even the basic exercise Justin describes is really advanced enough.  This is one of those “perfection” drills.  You can make it harder, but unless you are in the groove every time for as long as you want, there’s still work to do even at the basic level.  It’s kind of a concentration effort too?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BC 2/15, IC - 3/16
Fender Squier Std Strat
Fender Mustang Ii v2

Get The Forum As A Mobile App