Author Topic: TC-Helicon Voicetone Correct & Harmony G  (Read 1541 times)

Offline Steve St.Laurent

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 18
TC-Helicon Voicetone Correct & Harmony G
« on: April 20, 2014, 11:22:22 pm »
So I started singing in our church band about 6 months ago because we needed another male voice to help fill things out.  I have NEVER considered myself a singer and always thought I sang awful.  It actually hasn't gone that bad but I can definitely use help.  I know autotune has a bad rap but I really don't consider myself a singer and am doing it out of necessity. 

I recently picked up a TC-Helicon Voicetone correct and I used it live for the first time today - and had at least 4 people come up to me after church and say how great I sang (LOL).  It's really easy to use, pretty much just plug it in.  It automatically raises or lowers your voice to the nearest semi tone and has a meter on it that tells you how sharp or flat you are and how much it's correcting.  Also, has a built in compressor and de-esser.  Now if your off by more than half a semi-tone your going to sound AWFUL because you'll be an entire semi-tone off but as long as your close it works great and sounds completely natural (well, a pro could probably tell it's doing something).

I also picked up a Harmony G which will add two harmony voices based off of yours and you can have those voices be a 3rd, 5th or octave higher, or a 3rd, 6th, or octave lower, or follow the bass note of your chord.  You route the guitar through it and it bases the harmony voices off of the chord your playing so it automatically will harmonize a major or minor on the 3rds.  Also has effects built in that you can use with reverb and delay.  I'm still playing around with the Harmony G but I can see where it will come in handy in live situations.

Both of these boxes have good demos available on youtube if your interested.

Offline Scooter Trash

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 80
Re: TC-Helicon Voicetone Correct & Harmony G
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2014, 11:34:20 pm »
Thanks!
I dream of a better tomorrow where chickens can cross roads without their motives being questioned.

Get The Forum As A Mobile App