Author Topic: Books for Solo  (Read 242 times)

Offline Joesan

• Good Vibes 0
Books for Solo
« on: January 01, 2020, 02:08:05 pm »
I've been looking for some collection of video material or books with audio / video examples of some cool solos that I can memorise / practice and play. I'm looking for some books that is accompanied with some video / audio explanations with which I can practice and memorise them so that I can play them every single time. Any ideas? Any pointers?

Offline jono

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 23
Re: Books for Solo
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2020, 03:20:10 pm »
If you mean learning how to play solos with tabs and audio examples of the ideas behind solos then Hal Leonard has a range of books that may fit, they come with access to an online resource of mp3s of the examples in the books.

If you just want to learn well known solos then use songsterr for the tab and youtube for the music.

Generally I would only learn the solo of the song I am learning.

Sent from my SM-N910F using JustinGuitar Community mobile app

Offline Joesan

• Good Vibes 0
Re: Books for Solo
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2020, 04:34:17 pm »
I was indeed looking for something like this. As I cannot post external links, search in Youtube for this "An Easy Guitar Solo in the Major Pentatonic Scale (Key of E)" and you will get the first result from a user called Active Melody. If you click and watch his video, he explains how to play a simple solo on the A & E Pentatonic. What I want is a collection of such lessons / tutorials as a book & video / audio sample.

Get The Forum As A Mobile App