Author Topic: Any Spreadsheet gurus here?  (Read 2192 times)

Offline Majik

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 124
Re: Any Spreadsheet gurus here?
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2014, 02:08:55 am »
You should be able to set the formatting of C3 to be two decimal places without using a formula, if it's only the display you are concerned about.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I can.... but when I use a formula to manipulate the other fields and test them... when the results go into C3 it won't stay as 2 places. B

It should stay as 2 decimals (displayed) if that is the cell's format regardless of how many digits of precision are in the actual value of C3. If it isn't then you must somehow be removing or changing the format of C3.

Of course, if you are exporting the data to something else which doesn't use the spreadsheet's formatting, that may be different. But within the spreadsheet if you have formatted C3 to be 2 decimal places, then it should always display as that regardless of underlying value, regardless of how or how many times that value was recomputed.

Cheers,

Keith

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Guitars: PRS Singlecut S2, Fender Tele Lite Ash, G&L Legacy Tribute, Freshman Apollo 2 OCBX, Gibson SG Special P90
Amps: Bugera G5 Head, Boss Katana 100
All sorts of other stuff.

Offline TB-AV

• Honorable Ex-Mod
  • All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 329
Re: Any Spreadsheet gurus here?
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2014, 02:24:17 am »

It should stay as 2 decimals (displayed) if that is the cell's format regardless of how many digits of precision are in the actual value of C3. If it isn't then you must somehow be removing or changing the format of C3.

I agree but after two hours I went to plan B which is working.

I would love an explaination for this one though

4 cells in a row

4 | 6 |blank | 1 |    we will say they are A1 thru D1

All I want to do is add them and if they are greater than zero I want to leave Cell C1 blank. If they are zero/blank I want C1 to show "X".

So in C1 I type
=IF(A1:D1>0,"","X")

I can make it work fro one cell but not multiples. I've tried commas, semi-colons, brackets, & , AND, +, Man I have tried everything I can think of.

Call off the dogs.... I found a plan B on this one too. I SUMd the 4 cells then did the IF on that one cell... much easier...... for me any way..... If I could find someone to pay me by the hour for this stuff, I think I could buy a lot of guitars.

Gone

Get The Forum As A Mobile App