Author Topic: Feature Requests and Improvements  (Read 6139 times)

Offline motto12

• Good Vibes 0
Feature Requests and Improvements
« on: February 11, 2014, 08:40:59 am »
thanks for this APP! I open this thread with few suggestions to potentially improving it:

- all scores should be editable for individual trainings without the "randomizer"
- bypass auto-lock delay of the device. Default delay for auto-lock on iPhone is one minute and therefore a bit annoying, without changing the setting on the device.
- would be REALLY cool, if this app would use the integrated mic to count the changes itself :-)

Cheers, motto12

Offline joemucke

• Good Vibes 0
Re: Feature Requests and Improvements
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2014, 02:30:37 am »
There is one little bug:

When there are no chord combinations left to play the app keeps ringing and crashes

Offline ronmcc4

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2014, 06:13:10 am »
There is one little bug:

When there are no chord combinations left to play the app keeps ringing and crashes

Yes - I just found this same bug.  Please put this high on your "app to do" list.  Thanks!

Offline justinguitar

• Administrator
  • Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 138
    • justinguitar.com
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2014, 08:22:50 am »
Good ideas and sorry about the crashes. I'll email the developer today! J
"You can get help from teachers, but you are going to have to learn a lot by yourself, sitting alone in a room." Dr. Seuss

Offline Macabre

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 2
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2014, 07:50:55 pm »
There is one little bug:

Yes - I just found this same bug.  Please put this high on your "app to do" list.  Thanks!

I've got this when I enter 60 or more chord changes. First time I've actually managed to reach 60 changes  and I've managed it for 3 sets now (I'm on fire tonight!). Each time, the app has completely xx--xx out making a noise for about 15 seconds then crashing.

I don't know if this is supposed to happen, but when I go back to do the same chord changes, it won't let me, I get the message "No changes under 60! Please go to settings" so I can't use the app to practice those changes anymore (I want to do a couple more just to see if it's not just a one off). I can't see anywhere to reset my scores. Only thing I can see to get round this would be to uninstall and reinstall the app but then I'd lose the progress for my other chord changes.
Seagull Original S6 & Washburn EAT12 
Fender Standard Telecaster with Mustang 1 v2 amp
La Patrie Etude

Offline justinguitar

• Administrator
  • Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 138
    • justinguitar.com
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2014, 07:49:06 am »
I've written to the developer but not heard back yet. J
"You can get help from teachers, but you are going to have to learn a lot by yourself, sitting alone in a room." Dr. Seuss

Offline SiegeFrog

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 17
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2014, 07:51:30 am »
There is one little bug:

I've got this when I enter 60 or more chord changes. First time I've actually managed to reach 60 changes  and I've managed it for 3 sets now (I'm on fire tonight!). Each time, the app has completely xx--xx out making a noise for about 15 seconds then crashing.

I don't know if this is supposed to happen, but when I go back to do the same chord changes, it won't let me, I get the message "No changes under 60! Please go to settings" so I can't use the app to practice those changes anymore (I want to do a couple more just to see if it's not just a one off). I can't see anywhere to reset my scores. Only thing I can see to get round this would be to uninstall and reinstall the app but then I'd lose the progress for my other chord changes.

Are you all using IOS or Android? I use the app everyday and haven't encountered either bug. Especially the 2nd one. I've entered scores above 60 without a problem. I'm on IOS.
Fender Squier Affinity HSS Stratocaster
Fender Mustang 1
Seagull Maritime SWS CW SG QI

Started BC January, 2014, Completed May, 2015

Offline Macabre

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 2
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2014, 10:11:41 am »
There is one little bug:

Are you all using IOS or Android? I use the app everyday and haven't encountered either bug. Especially the 2nd one. I've entered scores above 60 without a problem. I'm on IOS.

I'm also using IOS, the latest version 7. something or other. It's on my iPad, rather than my phone (which is Android). Are you using the same version and is it iPhone or iPad?
Seagull Original S6 & Washburn EAT12 
Fender Standard Telecaster with Mustang 1 v2 amp
La Patrie Etude

Offline SiegeFrog

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 17
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2014, 05:07:30 pm »

I'm also using IOS, the latest version 7. something or other. It's on my iPad, rather than my phone (which is Android). Are you using the same version and is it iPhone or iPad?

IOS 7.1.2 on an iPhone 4S
Fender Squier Affinity HSS Stratocaster
Fender Mustang 1
Seagull Maritime SWS CW SG QI

Started BC January, 2014, Completed May, 2015

Offline Moonshot

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2014, 03:06:24 pm »
Not sure if you're still having this issue.  On the iOS version I have, there is a setting button in the upper right corner, and one of the selections is for scores over 60, which by default is not checked.  I interpret that as a way of only giving you changes under that count, so once you've entered a score above 60, you'd no longer see those changes come up.  I haven't tried checking it, but I would expect doing so might fix that issue for you.

What I'd like to see is an easier way of selecting specific chord changes to practice.  Unless I'm missing something, the only modes are random and problem chords.  Sure I could uncheck all the chords except two or three to get only those to come up, but if I wanted to practice a specific set of five, I'd have to keep stopping and changing the configuration after each chord change.  It would be great to have a way to just pick specific chord changes and "queue" them up.

Another great feature would be some simple graphs to show progress over time, certainly not mandatory but might be motivational to see the counts zig zagging upwards.

Thanks for the free app, it's been a great help.

Offline davesolo29

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2014, 04:26:04 am »
pretty cool app.
when I first loaded it I was thinking the mic in my iphone was going to pick up my strumming and automatically switch to a different set of chords.  that would be pretty slick
Id be willing to pay for an app that did something like that for sure!!

Edit***
Sorry.. I think I posted this in the wrong spot.
If a mod could move this to the suggestion area that would be great.
Thanks
Dave

Offline smithjon

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2015, 05:29:14 am »
l scores should be editable for individual trainings without the "randomizer"
- bypass auto-lock delay of the device. Default delay for auto-lock on iPhone is one minute and therefore a bit annoying, without changing the setting on the device.
- would be REALLY cool, if this

Offline smithjon

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2015, 04:47:16 am »
l scores should be editable for individual trainings without the "randomizer"
- would be REALLY cool, if this

Offline johnnywill08

• Bedroom Rocker
  • Good Vibes 0
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2015, 09:44:25 pm »
awesome app, really love it and use it daily, but one major flaw (IMO) and one feature id like to see...

random is not remotely random unless you add/subtract chords,which kinda reshuffles the deck, as one other user said...

also, skipping chords would be ideal

while im here..... and customizable grouping chords (ie minor chords, 7th's or custom chord progressions)   

thanks!

Offline Rocketeer

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2015, 09:34:22 am »
It would be really, really helpful if there was a way to prevent repeats of the same pair of chords in a single session...

Alternatively, being able to create a manual list of chord changes to practice.

It's really frustrating when I sit down for a 5 minute practice, and 2 of the 5 sets end up being the same pair of chords!

Get The Forum As A Mobile App