Author Topic: About that bloody "LinkBucks.com - Get Your Share!"  (Read 1455 times)

Offline Jotapi

• Pub Night Playa
  • Good Vibes 3
About that bloody "LinkBucks.com - Get Your Share!"
« on: December 25, 2013, 08:44:39 pm »
Hello,

When I am surfing on the site or other sites from my PC or my ipad, I am very often redirected to a page called "LinkBucks.com - Get Your Share!". For example, when I tried to watch the newest song, this page appeared and the link of the page was http://879d711f.theseblogs.com/url/http://www.justinguitar.com/en/SB-405-LoveMeTender-ElvisPresley.php  (WARNING! Do not open this link!)

The software Kaspersky Interner Security is installed on my PC, but it seems that it does not solve this issue.

Please, I would like to ask if somebody would know how to avoid this problem ?

Yours sincerely,

Jean
« Last Edit: December 26, 2013, 11:01:28 pm by Jotapi »

Online Majik

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 121
Re: About that bloody "LinkBucks.com - Get Your Share!"
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2013, 08:51:30 pm »
You have malware on your computer.

In an ideal world your AV software should protect you against this, but no AV software is 100% protection, especially as this is most likely to have ridden onboard a piece of software you downloaded and installed.

I suggest doing a google for "LinkBucks Malware" to find ways to remove it.

Cheers,

Keith
Guitars: PRS Singlecut S2, Fender Tele Lite Ash, G&L Legacy Tribute, Freshman Apollo 2 OCBX
Amps: Bugera G5 Head, Boss Katana 100
All sorts of other stuff.

Offline Wishbone

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 105
  • Scouse B'Stard
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2013, 09:51:36 pm »
Wot Keith said.......

Additionally, Jotapi..... Kaspersky is a good start ......... but, as Keith points out, there's a fair amount of crud that can ride in under it's radar.

Firstly, install the Malwarebytes free edition..... Let it update itself, run a full scan, check everything it finds in the results then click 'fix selected problems'. That should clean out your system just fine. If anything stops you from installing it, accessing the likes of msconfig, task manager, regedit and the like, you have a stickier problem but, for the most part, this should sort you out.

Further to that, you can help yourself a bit more by using firefox or pale moon browsers, with 'adblock', 'noscript' and 'flashblock' plugins installed. They can seem a little cumbersome at first, but once you're used to them, they make things run a lot nicer....... to say nothing of a lot cleaner. Basically...... if it gets in... it's 'cos you've let it in.

Beyond that......Give Malwarebytes a scan weekly, keep that and your AV up to date and you should be ok.

Offline Jotapi

• Pub Night Playa
  • Good Vibes 3
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2013, 11:43:40 pm »
Hi Gentlemen,

Thanks you so much for your help!

After reading your comments, I tried to install Malwarebytes, but something on my PC blocked its installation. I watched on CNET.com what was the newest anti malwares sofware with the best rate. I installed SuperAntiSpyware. It found more than 60 threats on my system.

I also installed the newest version of 'adblock', 'noscript' and 'flashblock' plugins on Mozilla Firefox.

After these modifications, the "LinkBucks.com" did not appear any more.
I will no more use Internet Explorer and I will only use Firefox.
I think I should format the hard drive and reinstall everything. May be I will do this later.

After this, I tested Hitman Pro 3 downloaded from CNET.com. Other files suspected to be malicious were found.

After running SuperAntiSpyware, Hitman Pro 3, I noticed that Malwarebytes could be installed and running. It detected 15 malicious objects.

- Please, I would like to ask if I should install other tools on my PC where Kaspersky Internet Security, Malwarebytes, SuperAntiSpyware, Hitman Pro 3 have already been installed?
Do you think that I should keep Malwarebytes, SuperAntiSpyware and Hitman Pro 3 on my computer or should I remove some of them?

The "LinkBucks.com - Get Your Share!" is acting on the Safari browser of my ipad.

- Would you know how I should remove and protect this ipad from that malware?

Yours sincerely,

Jean

« Last Edit: December 26, 2013, 01:04:12 am by Jotapi »

Offline irishalkies

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 36
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2013, 12:19:50 am »
I will no more use Internet Explorer and I will only use Firefox.

Say no more. You'd expect that IE, being Micro$oft's browser would be the one but, I wouldn't, and haven't touched it. It has so many security issues it's insane.

I think I should format the hard drive and reinstall everything. May be I will do this later.

Formatting should sort out any virus/malware you have on your system but be sure to back up anything that's important to you first!

Offline bradt

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 66
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2013, 02:34:49 am »
Also, set up your computer to create restore points periodically. When you encounter a problem, you will have the option to revert back to your last known safe restore point.

Offline Wishbone

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 105
  • Scouse B'Stard
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2013, 02:39:40 am »
Generally.... those plugins for Firefox, Malwarebytes and your Kaspersky should keep you running clean in future. There are a few anti malware specific products out there but, as long as you don't let anything in that's sneaky enough to disable your protection, I'd be inclined to keep Malwarebytes up to date and ditch the rest.

A reformat absolutely will sort out all your problems, as long as you don't use backup images that are also compromised. It is a little drastic, though; there are enough products, either running through windows or as bootable images, that can get you up and running again in most cases. If you manage to let in something nasty enough to screw your file system up badly enough that your OS is limping or disabled, then that's the time to start thinking of reformatting.

Most malware is just really annoying. Once you get used to keeping the crap out, it becomes second nature....... not exactly the ongoing chore that some would have you believe; it's simply discipline.

Offline misterg

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 125
  • Wales, UK
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2013, 01:18:16 pm »
Jotapi,

THE best place for help is the Malware Removal forum at MajorGeeks:

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35

Be sure to read the stickies, follow the instructions and be patient... The folks there are *really* helpful and knowledgeable (a bit like here, really ;) ).

Even if you don't have current problems, its worth reading the 'How to protect yourself from malware' sticky.

Offline Endureth

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 49
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2013, 04:22:05 pm »
I also installed the newest version of 'adblock', 'noscript' and 'flashblock' plugins on Mozilla Firefox.

The more popular a browser becomes the more likely people will write malicious software for it.  Firefox has run it's course, it's the target for a lot of cruel stuff.  I recommend google chrome with adblock.  It's newer so it's naturally able to keep more of the unwanted out.  Eventually, it too will become bogged down with crap but for now, it's still the safest out there.

Online Majik

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 121
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2013, 06:46:15 pm »
A lot of these things come through clicking on pop-ups that some websites show which spoof Windows error messages.  Things like "Security Alert: a virus has been detected on your computer" are common. This happens irrespective of which browser you use, although IE is more vulnerable (not because it is more popular, but because it has more security holes).

Using an ad blocker can help as well.

If you are a little adventurous, you could also try installing a Linux distro like Mint or Ubuntu which are far less prone to this sort of problem.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Guitars: PRS Singlecut S2, Fender Tele Lite Ash, G&L Legacy Tribute, Freshman Apollo 2 OCBX
Amps: Bugera G5 Head, Boss Katana 100
All sorts of other stuff.

Get The Forum As A Mobile App