Author Topic: Justinguitar and Rocksmith 2014  (Read 10890 times)

Offline ZachM84

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 3
Re: Justinguitar and Rocksmith 2014
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2014, 02:15:06 pm »
It gives you hints on which finger to use by the music "highway". On the highway it usually shows it with 4 lanes, one lane for each finger. So keep an eye on which note needs to be played and where it is located on the music highway that is displayed.
Loving the journey

Online Majik

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 64
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2014, 02:48:15 pm »
Yes, and use Riff Repeater to slow it right down to give yourself time to see what's happening.

One of the annoying things with Rocksmith (so me) is how they suddenly add new notes as you "level up"; so you might go from a single-note sequence to power chords and then to full barres. I can see why they do this, but the to me this seems a very crude way to increase the difficulty, and it often means I have to change hand position or fingering.

Using the Riff Repeater mitigates this somewhat as you can slow it right down and level it up a bit so you get the chords straight away.

Cheers,

Keith
Guitars: PRS Singlecut S2, Fender Tele Lite Ash, G&L Legacy Tribute, Freshman Apollo 2 OCBX
Amps: Bugera G5 Head, Boss Katana 100
All sorts of other stuff.

Offline ZachM84

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 3
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2014, 02:52:49 pm »
Yeah that bugs me as well. Its nice playing a song and doing really well, then it ramps up with some new chords and you suck again. lol
Riff repeater is great for that, although I wish you could save the settings in riff repeater so you can go back to it without having to figure out the way you had it before.
Loving the journey

Offline Gidi

• Good Vibes 1
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2017, 05:42:52 pm »
Dear Justin,

I have looked through most posts on the Forum regarding Rocksmith and the only thing that I couldn't find (or I have missed it) was your in depth opinion about this software and on the question buy or not to buy. Many people wrote what they think, but you and your book are my primary educators in this "guitar quest" of mine so your opinion is the one which counts (no offence guys :) )

most reviews stress how good this software is for those "boring" things like scales or chords or whatever. what if one has no problem learning scales and has enough discipline to invest time for it? will this game supplement my learning somehow? would you consider it as a meaningful investment. And I am talking more about time investment than a financial ;)

I have a feeling that most people who use it are the ones who can not push themselves to "learn" and not only "play", or the ones who are more into video games than in playing guitar. Thanks for your answer.

Get The Forum As A Mobile App