Author Topic: QT-021 • Protect Your Hearing!  (Read 4312 times)

Offline justinguitar

• Administrator
  • Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 149
    • justinguitar.com
QT-021 • Protect Your Hearing!
« on: November 21, 2013, 10:15:45 am »
« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 12:52:15 pm by Indigo »
"You can get help from teachers, but you are going to have to learn a lot by yourself, sitting alone in a room." Dr. Seuss

Offline Devoid

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 2
Re: QT-021 • Protect Your Hearing!
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2013, 03:13:24 pm »
As a 19 year old with diagnosed tinnitus I cannot agree more with what you say. It really does have a large impact on your life and the sad thing is it is so easily avoided.

I used to be one of those people who would buy the cheapest ear buds they could find and turn my iPod up all the way and then replace them every 2 weeks when they broke, but now I see the damage I did to my hearing doing that.

Offline Robiniho

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 3
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2013, 03:21:02 pm »
Totally sucks this does, 100% wise words from justin. I used to play drums and stopped a few years back, I used to get the ringing after practice or gigs for an hour or whatever and never took the warnings but I did get away with it, since learning guitar though and not taking care it's back for good and sucks big time. The noise is pretty bad at times and I can guarantee those that don't have it will hate it.....avoid it at all costs  :(

Offline AlasdairEJ

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2014, 01:45:49 pm »
What would people recommend to be the best ear protectors for under £30?

Offline sophiehiker

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 34
  • Salida, Colorado USA
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2014, 01:01:19 pm »
I think a couple people around here use ACS earplugs.  http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.Xacs+earplugs&_nkw=acs+earplugs&_sacat=0&_from=R40  or http://www.acscustom.com/us/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=102&Itemid=44

I have a pair of ACS ER20's.  Ear plugs are pretty cheap, well under 30 pounds, until you get ones that are custom fit.  You can google "musicians earplugs" and find other brands.
...where the deer and the antelope play.  Well, they're not really playing.  They're fleeing in terror.

Offline unit5

• Good Vibes 0
    • guitar education website
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2017, 01:50:52 pm »

Most guitarists who have been touring and working in the studio as long as I have are living with a certain amount of tinnitus, and I sure don’t want any more. I’ve also met many drummers and guitar players who are deaf in one ear—another occupational hazard

Offline skinnyT

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 2
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2018, 07:06:48 pm »
I was at a concert the other day and it was LOUD so used my silicon earplus that I use for swimming. The sound wasnt great with these in so does anyone have any up to date recommendations for some musicians earplugs that just lower the volume rather than change the sound? Thanks

Get The Forum As A Mobile App