Author Topic: Advice on suitable Webcam to track my playing progress...  (Read 1336 times)

Offline Cal

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 14
  • West Bromwich • UK
Advice on suitable Webcam to track my playing progress...
« on: October 26, 2013, 10:44:07 pm »
OK, so I'm cheap.  :P

I used to do this years back on an old Logitech Webcam.  The results and sound were pretty good.  After much use that webcam died, so I bought another (Logitech) which gives crap results (although OK for Skype etc.), so my webcam practice stopped.

I did find this kind of (budget) practice really helpful and would like to start it again.

Can anyone recommend a make+model of webcam that would do the great job my old Logitech did for me (or better)?
Washburn D13S
Washburn R308S

Offline Majik

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 123
Re: Advice on suitable Webcam to track my playing progress...
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2013, 10:59:51 pm »
Can anyone recommend a make+model of webcam that would do the great job my old Logitech did for me (or better)?

Quite frankly any webcam should do. If it's good enough for Skype then it should be good enough for anything else. Particularly good webcams IMO are the higher end Logitech series (C910/920) but in a lot of cases it will be only as good as your lighting.

The Logitech cameras seem to have reasonable microphones in them too, but you might want to consider an external microphone for improved audio.

Cheers,

Keith
Guitars: PRS Singlecut S2, Fender Tele Lite Ash, G&L Legacy Tribute, Freshman Apollo 2 OCBX, Gibson SG Special P90
Amps: Bugera G5 Head, Boss Katana 100
All sorts of other stuff.

Get The Forum As A Mobile App