Author Topic: SB-314 • Hells Bells - AC/DC  (Read 4221 times)

Offline Indigo

• Administrator
  • Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 3
SB-314 • Hells Bells - AC/DC
« on: September 09, 2013, 11:11:06 am »
« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 01:35:09 pm by Indigo »

Offline jesseJay

• Bedroom Rocker
  • Good Vibes 1
Re: SB-314 • Hells Bells - AC/DC
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2013, 08:30:06 pm »
Hi! I'm not quite certain about how to play the power-chords, eg. c and ang g/b in the first 2 riffs. Are they supposed to be muted or should they ring out without any mute. If they they should be muted (I guess they should!), should the mute be done with the strumming or the fretting Hand? Mmh ... I'd guess with the fretting hand because that's faster maybe? Thanks in advance! Regards, Juergen

Offline sophiehiker

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 34
  • Salida, Colorado USA
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2013, 10:43:37 am »
FWIW, I play them un-muted.  It's a quick run down from C to G/B to the open A string.  The C and G/B don't have time to ring.  The open A string, however, is ringing throughout the riffs.  HTH.
...where the deer and the antelope play.  Well, they're not really playing.  They're fleeing in terror.

Offline lugnut

• Bedroom Rocker
  • Good Vibes 1
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2014, 02:47:51 pm »
Does anyone have a good link or help with the little lead section that Justin does at about 1:16 is his video?  I'm relatively new at playing and would like to figure out the entire intro section he plays... but I can't figure that out at all.... I feel like my eyes are just not seeing it well.  Seems like there are a lot of  multiple string bends...   any help would be awesome.   I don't need to a be a soloist just yet but I'd love to figure out that little section!

Thanks!

Offline xTERMINATEx

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2015, 02:55:57 am »
Will Justin be posting a video lesson on the solo in AC/DC's Hell's Bells or can that be found elsewhere?

Offline close2u

• Administrator
  • All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 339
  • Teesside, North East England.
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2015, 10:08:38 pm »
Will Justin be posting a video lesson on the solo in AC/DC's Hell's Bells or can that be found elsewhere?

Offline Robert Boe

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2017, 09:00:05 pm »
In listening to your Hells Bells lesson I think it sounds better and closer to the song if you at about 3:48 seconds into the lesson you say play a C power chord then move your first finger to the 2nt fret on the A string then an open E string. Try playing with your 1st finger on the second fret of the D string, sounds more consistent with the C power, then moving 1st to 2nd fret of the A then move 1st finger from A, to the second fret of the D string. Sounds so much better. Try it, you'll like it, Mickie did(life cereal reference.). 

Get The Forum As A Mobile App