Author Topic: What is in it? Contents / Format etc  (Read 15293 times)

Online close2u

• Administrator
  • All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 328
  • Teesside, North East England.
What is in it? Contents / Format etc
« on: September 18, 2012, 06:30:00 pm »
Q&As etc ...
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 07:25:03 am by close2u »

luvnlife

Re: What is in it? Contents / Format etc
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2013, 07:13:04 pm »
I just bought the entire combo package...just about finished stage one and two and starting some songs.  Are the beginner songs located on any other CD's or just on the website?

Offline shadowscott007

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 117
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2013, 07:21:32 pm »
Was looking at the product description and found this:

"Please note that NO SONGS are included on the DVD, you have to watch those on the web site. Sorry, it's because of copyright restrictions..."

On this page:

http://justinguitar.com/en/PR-111-BeginnersCourseV2.php

You can decide if I did this because this and another post made me curious or if I just try to be helpful  8)

Shadow
The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

luvnlife

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2013, 07:25:18 pm »
Shadow,

Thank you for the support.  Very helpful.  That now answers my question.  I will work with the website.

Offline simonguitar

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2013, 06:04:17 am »
Are there different version of Justin's beginner course? I brought the Beginner DVD bundle a couple of years ago but have never been a fan of the DVD format. If I get the book can I cross reference it with the DVD if I need to or is there a chance that the DVD and book will have different content in a different order?

Offline misterg

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 125
  • Wales, UK
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2013, 05:33:47 pm »
Hello and welcome! :)

The beginner's course was re-vamped 4...?? 5...?? years ago - I don't know if the old one was ever on DVD. Otherwise, the online course and the DVDs should be consistent. I believe there might be some 'bonus' material on the DVDs which isn't available on line.

You could check your DVDs against the current on-line course to be sure.

Offline stitch101

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 129
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2013, 06:46:45 pm »
@ simonguitar
I could be wrong because I don't have the BC DVD but every other DVD I've purchased from Justin has
the PDF files on the DVD. Open the DVD don't run it and check the file folders for PDF files
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 08:09:51 am by close2u »

Offline verrallc

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2013, 08:12:16 am »
Hello Everyone

I have been working my way through the book and DVD's, and I am having a lot of fun learning how to play guitar.

I was wondering if there is an electronic version of Justin's Beginner Book available to download as part of the Beginners Coursebook pack? It would come in handy to be able to read it on my tablet when I have a spare minute at work.

Thank you
Craig
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 10:48:58 am by verrallc »

Offline lugnut

• Bedroom Rocker
  • Good Vibes 1
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2013, 04:07:54 pm »
I just got me Beginners Book with the 2 CDs.  I'm working through the J.U.S.T.I.N training and noticed the book mentioned there are pdf charts on CD2.  I can't see them on the CD.  All the .aiff files seem to be there.  Maybe this is a MAC thing?  I'm not on a PC.  :(

Thanks!

Offline Tim Mason

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 15
  • Started learning in September 2013
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2013, 04:20:31 pm »
I'm using it on a Mac, and I can see the files in the Finder. They are not in the same folder as the sound files. The problem is that the finder seems to automatically open the CD in music mode. However, if you right click (cmd click) on the CD in the sidebar, you will see the PDFs. At least, I do on my machine.

Offline lugnut

• Bedroom Rocker
  • Good Vibes 1
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2013, 04:58:54 pm »
I'm using it on a Mac, and I can see the files in the Finder. They are not in the same folder as the sound files. The problem is that the finder seems to automatically open the CD in music mode. However, if you right click (cmd click) on the CD in the sidebar, you will see the PDFs. At least, I do on my machine.

Thanks Tim!!  It might have been iTunes or something strange.  Indeed when I inserted the CD the 2nd time- it actually opened up 2 mounted drives one for music, one for the files.  Strange cause it definitely wasn't there the first time I inserted the CD.  Got em now though- thanks!

Dave

Offline Richedendaisy

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2014, 11:08:13 pm »
Hi can someone help me ? Does Justinguitar.Com Beginner's Guitar Coursebook have the songs from The Justinguitar Beginners Songbook in it?

Offline stifflittlefingers

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 3
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2014, 12:18:49 am »
afraid not , two totally differant , one is how to do it , one is the songs. both excellent though  8)

Offline subadai

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2014, 10:02:28 pm »
Agreed both are excellent and compliment each other they are a great investment I highly recommend you have both
Breedlove Cascade Acoustic Cedar top Rosewood back and sides
Fender American Standard Tele,
Fender Mexican Strat Gibson LPJ,
Jose Ramirez Classical
Voyage air Tel Air travel guitar

Offline GizardLips

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2014, 10:28:35 pm »
Are these files available online?  I have a Macbook but Apple doesn't put CD/DVD players in them anymore.  Would be nice to be able to print these out instead of writing in the book.

Get The Forum As A Mobile App