Author Topic: question about playing with a pick...  (Read 3344 times)

Offline dochol1day

• Good Vibes 0
question about playing with a pick...
« on: May 22, 2013, 03:12:41 pm »
The description says these songs are mostly fingerstyle, but I don't care for that and only play with a pick.  Is this product right for me?  I really enjoy playing the blues...

Offline vman4639

• Good Vibes 1
Re: question about playing with a pick...
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2014, 02:20:34 pm »
The description says these songs are mostly fingerstyle, but I don't care for that and only play with a pick.  Is this product right for me?  I really enjoy playing the blues...

I would say 'no'.  Go for Blues Lead or Blues Rhythm instead.  The Solo Blues DVD relies on using your thumb for a steady baseline on the 5th and 6th strings while your fingers play the melody.  I guess you could use a pick and fingers but I think that would be more difficult.

Offline Melsie

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 6
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2014, 03:03:49 pm »
I wouldn't get it if you only play with a pick, I don't think it's possible to play the songs that way. I mean, you could use a pick and the other three fingers, but if you don't like fingerstyle then that's probably not an option either.

Like vman says, the Blues Lead/Blues Rhythm DVDs are probably more your thing. Some of these lessons are available for free on the website, so you could try them out before buying the DVD to get the rest of them.

Offline stitch101

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 168
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2014, 03:22:37 pm »
Check out the 3 sample lessons and 3 part full lesson to see if this your cup of tea. You never know
if you like the blues you may like finger style acoustic blues. If not then you'll know after trying these
lessons.  Scroll down about 3/4 of the page for the first sample lesson and the full lesson is the last 3
videos.

http://www.justinguitar.com/en/PR-004-SoloBlues1-3.php

Get The Forum As A Mobile App