Author Topic: Need Visat 32 Home Premium ISO  (Read 2098 times)

Offline TB-AV

• Honorable Ex-Mod
  • All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 329
Re: Need Visat 32 Home Premium ISO
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2013, 05:03:51 pm »
Just tried to make USB from that Vista 64. Can't use ISO unless I override build number??

I wish I knew how to do that. the messages I read said they were changing it to like 6000 or something. I just don't know what they are changing.

Will try to burn DVD next. Still downloading Win7 just in case I can't find mine.

EDIT: Ok, I found the setting. You have to set that USB options to have a minimum build number. It is 7100 by default ( probably for Win7) I set it to 6000 and it worked.
Gone

Offline TB-AV

• Honorable Ex-Mod
  • All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 329
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2013, 02:15:04 am »
I made the USB drive and then found out the PC won;t boot from a USB--- Jeeze.... I thought anything since XP could USB boot.

Oh well, made a DVD form Wishbone's file. Found an old 130G drive. Wiped it. an installed on that. Typed in the product key and it seems to be off to the races. Got no errors.

Form what I remember they usually fail right there and say the code is no good. So hopefully this works. Have ordered a new drive, I'll reformat this one and leave it in for him to use as backup space.

Found my Win7 DVD as well so I hesitate to say it but things are looking up.
Gone

Offline Wishbone

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 105
  • Scouse B'Stard
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2013, 07:19:20 am »
Just to repeat, TB ......... After install, the only problems noted by other users were activation related ........ and these were sorted out by calling microsoft and explaining the circumstances. These were few and far between, though; the majority seemed to have no bother from there on in.

Offline TB-AV

• Honorable Ex-Mod
  • All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 329
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2013, 02:06:08 pm »
Ok, right, I haven't tried to activate yet. I didn't want to activate it and then change the hard drive and have to reactivate. So hopefully things go well.

Activation went through fine. So it looks like I'm good to go. Thanks for the links. Thanks all for the help, I'm definitely rusty on this.

I've been doing some backups and organizing of my own lately... man what a nightmare to sort through years of old hard drives.  I did stumble across this which is a nice sync compare app.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/freefilesync/

Thanks again guys... couldn't have done it without you.

« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 06:09:46 pm by TB-AV »
Gone

Get The Forum As A Mobile App