Author Topic: Recommended printer for printing music scores?  (Read 1020 times)

Offline Laertes

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 1
Recommended printer for printing music scores?
« on: May 03, 2013, 04:59:27 pm »
I am thinking in buying a printer to print guitar scores (good old music stave) but I remember las time I owed an inkjet one I was sick of it. The quality was not good and the ink cartridges were very expensive. Any recommendation? I am not very concerned about the price (within reason, of course), more about the quality. And I don't need color, just black is enough. Do you think it is worth a laser one? I use them at work but maybe for home use an inkjet is enough.

Offline stitch101

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 173
Re: Recomended printer for printing music scores?
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2013, 05:16:27 pm »
Any good ink jet will print the quality your looking for as long as you use quality paper. A laser printer
will print better but will cost you 5X as much.

The biggest problem with ink jet printers if they sit with out printing for to long the heads can clog.
Epson printers are the worst for clogging if not used on a regular bases.

Offline Wishbone

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 105
  • Scouse B'Stard
Re: Recommended printer for printing music scores?
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2013, 08:06:41 pm »
I have an old LaserJet 1100 that I salvaged from work when we were chucking a whole bunch of xx--xx into the skip. It cost me £12 for a feed roller upgrade kit and £10 for a remanufactured toner cartridge and, for all that I print, it seems to be lasting forever.

Offline Laertes

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 1
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2013, 10:15:18 pm »
I've been doing some online research and laser printers are not as expensive as I thought. I think I will go for one.

Offline TB-AV

• Honorable Ex-Mod
  • All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 329
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2013, 11:30:42 pm »
You're crazy if you get an inkjet. Any basic laser will be more than adequate. I've had 2 laser printers. The first was a 4P I believe and this 1200 I have now. That's over 25 years.

I've got a few inkjets too for other purposes but they will drive you to the poor house. I think this 1200 was about half the price of the 4P and prints faster. I printed a 187 page manual two days ago just for the heck of it. Stuff like that is a no brainer.

Gone

Get The Forum As A Mobile App