Author Topic: Chantal  (Read 3007 times)

Offline Chantal

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 40
  • Live today as if there's no tomorrow.
Chantal
« on: March 06, 2013, 09:38:00 am »
With the new baby on the way, I think it's time for a road case...   ;D
Thank you for the music!

My Roadcase

Offline Scooter Trash

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 80
Re: Chantal
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2013, 09:51:56 am »
With the new baby on the way, I think it's time for a road case...   ;D

I don't think babys travel very well in road cases.  ???
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 10:50:16 am by Scooter Trash »
I dream of a better tomorrow where chickens can cross roads without their motives being questioned.

Offline Chantal

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 40
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2013, 10:49:50 am »
This one does ;-) Be patient, I'm organising my photos.
Thank you for the music!

My Roadcase

Offline Scooter Trash

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 80
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2013, 10:51:04 am »
This one does ;-) Be patient, I'm organising my photos.

LOL Can't wait to see them.. BTW, Congrats! :)
I dream of a better tomorrow where chickens can cross roads without their motives being questioned.

Online close2u

• Administrator
  • All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 434
  • Teesside, North East England.
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2013, 10:56:05 am »
congrats
:)

Offline Chantal

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 40
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2013, 11:22:02 am »
Okay, here we go.

Not officially my first guitar, since I started out on a really cheap classical guitar, but it is my first real guitar. I bought this a year ago (March 2012) but it was built May 2007. I present to you my first baby: a Seagull S6 Coastline Spruce. Notice how it's changed a bit since I first got it....  8)

Thank you for the music!

My Roadcase

Offline Chantal

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 40
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2013, 11:34:56 am »
Next up: the legendary SG. Does it even need an introduction? I sometimes still can't believe it's really mine now.

Horrible photo of me, but my mum insisted we do an official handover and it was such a hilarious moment (there was something quite unusual happening off-camera), it just needs to be here.

The guitar looks amazing..... plays like a dream too.

And with this, I use this amp (well, one just like it.... I don't have photos of my own Cube)

Thank you for the music!

My Roadcase

Offline Scooter Trash

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 80
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2013, 11:38:46 am »
That SG is beautiful!

Offline Chantal

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 40
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2013, 11:45:45 am »
Last but not least: the new baby. The reason I said it's on the way is because it's not mine yet. It's been reserved for me but I won't actually go get it until late May. But, I have photos. They're not great and I'll replace them with decent ones as soon as it's here. Please meet the newest addition to my family: a Seagull S12+ Coastline Cedar, with Acoustic Timbre pre-amp system:

Thank you for the music!

My Roadcase

Online close2u

• Administrator
  • All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 434
  • Teesside, North East England.
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2013, 12:16:35 pm »
yes oh yes

you'll have to tell us who wrote all over your seagull  !!!!

Offline Chantal

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 40
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2013, 12:53:46 pm »
There are four signatures on my S6 and they are exactly the four signatures I wanted on there:

- Justin, because he made learning the guitar achievable.

It may sound weird or corny but Justin has a bigger influence than just being my guitar tutor. It's difficult to put into words but I've learned much more from him than just how to play guitar. His signature was the first one to go on there and it just felt like the right thing to do. I managed to get my hands on a private lesson when Justin announced his presence at the Musikmesse in Frankfurt. I was so nervous! I completely messed up but he was so nice to me. I was too stressed to notice at the time but we actually had quite a few laughs. At the end of the lesson, I asked him to sign my guitar, so that's what he did. It was one of the best days of my life, the entire day was just awesome and the meeting was a blast too. I'll never forget that day.

- Acda en De Munnik, my favourite band and the reason I wanted to learn to play the guitar.

The signature next to the bridge is Thomas Acda, one of the two vocalists, the comedian and one of the guitarists of the band. He also plays harmonica and sometimes percussion.
The signature near the corner is Paul de Munnik, the other vocalist, the storyteller and the pianist (but plays guitar too).
The signature above the bridge is David Middelhoff, he is the lead guitarist, bass player and he also does background vocals. He's the invisible third, but the band couldn't exist without him.

This band's music has pulled me through a lot and getting their signatures was very special. I had a ticket to their theatre show and I had tweeted Thomas, asking if it was possible to have my guitar signed. He actually tweeted back, saying it was possible and that was literally all I had to go by. I had no specifics, no idea how to proceed. So I decided to bring my guitar to the theatre and see what would happen. When no preparations for a signing session were being made, I started asking around and ended up at the merchandise stand, where my question was anticipated. A phone call was made and a few minutes later, I was taken backstage to meet the band. That was so awesome! Thomas owns a few Seagulls too, so he complimented me on the guitar and played a few bars (upside down, he's a lefty). Everyone was really nice and they wanted to know who Justin was, so I tried to explain but I was a bit too nervous to make it quite clear. It was a wonderful end to a rotten day (1st anniversary of my gran's passing).
Thank you for the music!

My Roadcase

Offline artonsafari

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 15
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2013, 08:49:17 pm »
Congrads on the 12string.  8)
The correct amount of guitars is one more than you currently own

Get The Forum As A Mobile App