Author Topic: Can anyone do anything with this?  (Read 1113 times)

Offline shadowscott007

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 118
Can anyone do anything with this?
« on: February 23, 2013, 04:21:26 pm »
I am working out how to lay a solo over this.

Metalish version of... well maybe I will wait until later to reveal the title... took a progression and structure of a hit pop tune and re-arranged it to fit my harder edged sensibilities...

Have the Audacity files... working out a solo... but here is me stepping into the sandbox... with my admittedly crappy bucket and shovel...

Shadow
The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Offline Endureth

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 47
Re: Can anyone do anything with this?
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2013, 09:11:59 pm »
It's a good start to something.  I would add a basic drum beat, just kick, snare and high hat.  Nothing fancy, just enough to give it the feel you're going for.  Then grab a sheet of paper a pen and just put it on repeat trying to come up with a vocal melody to go along with it.  For me, that's the hardest part sometimes it takes hours to even get started.

Once you got that, throw in a bass that is designed to support everything and you've got the basis of a song.  Then you can fine tune it, add a lead, fill in all the empty spaces with fills with different instruments, bass fill here, guitar lick there, drum fill there.

Good start, next step is drums while you think about vocals and how you may have to extend/shorten/rearrange bits to fit those vocals.

I think it has potential.

Offline shadowscott007

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 118
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2013, 09:52:58 pm »
Well now that someone has posted - this is a metal re-imagining of Hit Me Baby One More Time.

Same progression, same structure, but instead of catholic school girl think biker chick, who is very likely to hit you back.  Hard.

That revelation may change your thoughts... tossed this out there to see if it tripped anyone's trigger...

Started messing with it after Justin did his lesson on it as kind of a joke, but ended up kinda getting into it and liking it...

Shadow

P.S.  Out in the wilds of the inter webs looking for DAW for the noob... gonna check out reaper...

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Offline artonsafari

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 15
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2013, 10:50:11 pm »
Do eeeeet! Do eeet now!!!!

\m/ \m/
The correct amount of guitars is one more than you currently own

Offline bradt

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 66
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2013, 11:50:51 pm »

P.S.  Out in the wilds of the inter webs looking for DAW for the noob... gonna check out reaper...

If you like having easy access to a library of loops, check out mixcraft. It's pretty fun to play with.

Offline artonsafari

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 15
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2013, 12:58:31 am »
I've used the loops to build a few backing tracks to jam over. Good times!
The correct amount of guitars is one more than you currently own

Get The Forum As A Mobile App