Author Topic: SUGGESTIONS: Android Time Trainer App  (Read 6361 times)

MichaelE

SUGGESTIONS: Android Time Trainer App
« on: February 07, 2013, 06:32:03 pm »
Here are my suggestions for the Android Time Trainer app, as it's lacking in these features for me compared to other metronomes on the market. I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S3:

• needs to be able to go way lower than 40bpm, I'm practicing one minute chord changes at 30bpm so I have to use another metronome
  • needs option to not disable the task bar on top. Sometimes I want to mess around while waiting for a text to come in. Not having the task bar prevents me from seeing them come in.
  • would be nice to have a slider to choose the bpm, sometimes I want to change quickly from a 30 to a 90
  • needs beat subdivisions, like quarter note, eighth, triplet, sixteenth, quintuplet, sextuplet

Offline vsuttle

• Bedroom Rocker
  • Good Vibes 1
Re: SUGGESTIONS: Android Time Trainer App
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2013, 09:10:12 am »
Hi, not sure why you need to use another metronome to go slower that 40bpm. If I want to play at 30bpm I just set it to 60bpm with the accent on two and play on every other beat! I sometimes go right down to 15bpm when learning something new. Again I use 60bpm and just play every fourth beat.

When practicing chord changes at such a speed I would lift my fingers off on the first beat and put them down on the second beat. You probably wouldn't want to do this at song tempos, as then you would want each chord to ring out for as long as possible before switching to the next chord.

Works for me  :)

As for the subdivisions? I have this feature on other metronomes but never use it - too many clicks for my liking. Doesn't mean others won't of course!

My opinion is that I need to learn to feel the subdivisions myself and not rely on the metronome. Besides if you wanted to have say triplets at 60bpm you can set the metronome to 180bpm with the accent on 3. Yes you then lose the accent to mark the start of the measure, but the basic timing is the same.

Vince

MichaelE

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2013, 02:32:29 pm »
I'm happy it works for you. The Time Trainer App has awesome training features. Thanks for the tip on the workaround for the bpm. Would still be awesome having it go lower than 40 :)

It's just that by comparing this metronome to other metronomes on the market, it would be great to have improvement in those 4 points I mentioned.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 02:55:33 pm by MichaelE »

Offline justinguitar

• Administrator
  • Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 133
    • justinguitar.com
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2013, 05:21:20 pm »
some of those on the way, but Android sales been VERY slow and I can't afford to update it until it's paid for itself... sorry!
"You can get help from teachers, but you are going to have to learn a lot by yourself, sitting alone in a room." Dr. Seuss

Offline jetnaik

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2013, 06:25:15 pm »
Hi.I was wondering if you could add a timer to the app in a future update.It would be nice to see and keep track of how much time I have been practicing.Maybe keep a sort of log somewhere in the app.I also try to make my own solos,so it would be nice to see how long the solo is at different tempos.Cheers !

Get The Forum As A Mobile App