Author Topic: Ordered it. Got it. Like it. Reviews, Comments, Questions etc.  (Read 14735 times)

Online close2u

• Administrator
  • All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 317
  • Teesside, North East England.
Ordered it. Got it. Like it. Reviews, Comments, Questions etc.
« on: November 24, 2012, 12:47:36 am »
Reviews, Comments, Questions etc ...
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 07:59:28 am by close2u »

bullseye

Re: Ordered it. Got it. Like it. Reviews, Comments, Questions etc.
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2012, 09:36:06 am »
Hallo,
I want to order that book today, although that I´m in stage 3 already. But I want to have proper paper book and support these great pages. Thank you, Justin!

What do you think of that book? :-)

dazzauk123

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2012, 04:06:02 pm »
Hi, I bought this and the songbook, purely on the basis I use this website a lot and had some spare cash and though what better way to guarantee some great goods and give something back to a great teacher.

Amazing products, Amazing Site and I fully intend to purchase All the material available even if I already know whats going on simply because this guy deserves a great amount of respect and credit for his endevours.

Minxsy

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2013, 06:44:09 pm »
The beginners book is brilliant I bought it a couple of weeks ago and I am finding it really easy to learn even though I am not a natural musician. Highly recommend it, its like having a good teacher in the room with you. I was going for lessons and I wasn't doing well with them. I find I am flying ahead with this book and the cds and using Justins site for back up and videos of the songs from the beginners songbook. I am not saying people shouldnt have a 'live' teacher its just this way works best for me.

If anyone knows where I can find the PDF for the practice chart stage one can you let me know as I don't seem to be able to find it. I know it must be there but it doesnt come up in the list windows media player shows me....

Offline Cal

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 14
  • West Bromwich • UK
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2013, 01:44:02 am »
Welcome Minxsy!  :)

If anyone knows where I can find the PDF for the practice chart stage one can you let me know as I don't seem to be able to find it. I know it must be there but it doesnt come up in the list windows media player shows me....
Get CD2 up and running in your computer (Windows Media Player will only play you the tracks [as listed on page 192]).

Open (double click on) My Computer.
You'll see justinguitar.com Beginner's... (showing in one of the drives).  Right click this then click Open on the drop down list.
This give you access to all the PDFs.

For what it's worth I made a Guitar folder for my desktop and simply copied and pasted the lot in there (to save me time in the future).

I hope that's some help.  Happy playing!
Washburn D13S
Washburn R308S

Offline Craig Howard

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 8
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2013, 01:43:18 am »
Just received the Beginners Course Book and totally delighted with the incredible value of it and the way it is put together in such a neat and logical flow.  ( like the online structure but "physical" and "tactile")

Main reason I bought it was so I could keep track of my  progress which I was struggling to do when working online.  I could not find a system to record my own progress.

A hardcopy book like this  can be annotated , marked up, drawn on, book marked etc...  ( long live books).

Thanx Justin and your team.  This course  workbook is totaly awesome and I highly recommend it to anyone learning guitar.
Fender Stratocaster MIM Burst,  RI Fiesta Red; Fender Mustang II and Champ Amps.
FX Pedals: Boss Blues driver, Boss RC3 Loop Station, EP Booster, Zoom Bass FX. Alessis SR16.  Riffstation.

Offline helidude

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2013, 12:00:56 am »
I got my beginners bundle delivered to Canada in only two days, amazing service! Thanks!

Now if I could figure how and where to download the theory ebook....

Offline misterg

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 125
  • Wales, UK
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2013, 11:38:28 pm »
Now if I could figure how and where to download the theory ebook....

Just in case you haven't found it yet:

http://justinguitar.com/en/PR-010-PracticalMusicTheory.php

:)

Offline Rilind

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2013, 07:39:07 pm »
at the youtube video where you show how to tune the guitar, you start with the thickest string, but what if the thickest string is out of tune?

Offline misterg

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 125
  • Wales, UK
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2013, 09:12:02 pm »
at the youtube video where you show how to tune the guitar, you start with the thickest string, but what if the thickest string is out of tune?

Hi,

Do you mean this video?

http://justinguitar.com/en/BC-109-TuneYourGuitar.php

Just tune the thick string until it matches the note that Justin plays at the start of the video... Or get an electronic tuner :)

Offline justinguitar

• Administrator
  • Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 133
    • justinguitar.com
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2013, 07:53:45 am »
@Rilind - very random comment placement...

- play the thick and thin string together so you can tune the thickest one...

- or do the process shown in the video only backwards (tune the string with your finger on).
"You can get help from teachers, but you are going to have to learn a lot by yourself, sitting alone in a room." Dr. Seuss

Offline Joerfe

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 85
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2013, 09:26:46 am »
In my country the ready-tone on the telephone i an A. You could tune the A string to that and then go from there.
/Jesper

Sigma SOMR28H, Fender Classic '50s Tele, Gibson lpj '14, BOSS Katana 100-212 amp.
Me on da Soundcloud https://soundcloud.com/jesper-j-rgensen-11

Offline MonkeyMark

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 5
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2013, 12:26:52 pm »
Well, I was intending to wait a while before buying the Beginners book, however, not only is Justin's site and material superb, the community is too.

Ive already had so much help and advice and the members of the community have really shone through, so i decided to buy it now.

Justin gets a lot of praise, and rightly so, but we also need to thank all those who take part and contribute.

Great site, great method, great people.

Offline SGplayin

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 3
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2013, 09:38:54 am »
I just ordered it as well, through Amazon.  Went and also purchased a Kyser capo.
The site is great and I am sure I will be happy with the course book and will most likely be purchasing other Justin guitar learning materials in the future.

Offline MonkeyMark

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 5
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2013, 10:33:16 am »
Mine arrived Monday. As everyone else has said, first thing I noticed was the great quality.
Good layout, good pics. Enjoying learning, even if a little slow.  ;D

Get The Forum As A Mobile App