Author Topic: Fingers for the slow six blues??  (Read 2813 times)

Offline Real_music_Lucas

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 1
Fingers for the slow six blues??
« on: December 09, 2012, 10:05:37 am »
In the tutorial Justin says to use fingers 1 and 3 for the picking for the first couple of bars after intro if you know what bit im on about, i find this odd for my fingers and iv been using fingers 1 and 2 is there a particular reason for this or just how he does it? should i revert to using fingers 1 and 3?
Now safe beneath there wisdom and there feet, here I will teach you truly how to sleep

Offline Jonny5

• Pub Night Playa
  • Good Vibes 5
Re: Fingers for the slow six blues??
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2012, 12:11:14 pm »
I suppose you could use whatever feels comfortable but index and ring seem more logical because they're so used to that distance between them. Perhaps give the way Justin recommends a try for a while, might feel strange now but you soon get used to it. He does mention in many of the tunes in this series that there is no right or wrong way so I wouldn't stress over it.

Offline Real_music_Lucas

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 1
Re: Fingers for the slow six blues??
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2012, 11:01:29 am »
yeah i suppose your right actually, I might feel like this because i have such giant hands lol and naturally flex fingers hmm that's true there no real way, and sometimes he does says its better to use this finger because it sets you up for the next chord etc that's when i do exactly what he says :)
Now safe beneath there wisdom and there feet, here I will teach you truly how to sleep

Get The Forum As A Mobile App