Author Topic: What pickups does Justin have on that 1966 blonde tele?  (Read 1637 times)

dharmabob

What pickups does Justin have on that 1966 blonde tele?
« on: November 30, 2012, 09:03:52 pm »
it looks like he's got a humbucker in the neck position and a 3rd p/u between the neck and bridge.  So, did he completely modify that guitar? I thought they only came with 2 single coils.

Online close2u

• Administrator
  • All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 627
  • Teesside, North East England.
Re: What pickups does Justin have on that 1966 blonde tele?
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2012, 09:17:26 pm »
are you condusing his teles ...

http://justinguitar.com/en/GG-001-JustinsGuitars.php

2006 Fender Telecaster USA (Yellow)
 I bought this in 2007, I had wanted a tele for a long time and had been looking second hand when I found this one on the internet. I bought from Ralph and Sandy's Custom shop on ebay, the service was really crappy and I'd never buy from them again, took quite a lot of work to get it right really, and wasn't a good overall experience. It started as a standard USA Telecaster but was then modified to include a Gibson "Original Mini Humbucker" in the neck position, a Seymour Duncan "Hot Stack" pick up in the centre and a Seymour Duncan "Vintage Stack" in the bridge. It has other fancy stuff too - a Soundcraft output socket, reversed volume plate, a push pull pot in the centre position (split and boost), Fender locking tuning pegs and Hovland capacitor on the tone control... and a bunch of other things. It is based on the guitar played by the country guitar legend Brent Mason (and I mean LEGEND, the guy is amazing).

This one is in many videos

1966 Fender Telecaster (Blonde)
 This is my dream guitar and the one I play most often these days. I've been after one for many years and I finally bit the bullet, sold a kidney and bought it in 2011! After a re-fret and Pleck set up at CCGX it's playing and sounding amazing. It's everything I want in a guitar, I love the sound, it's pretty much my voice and I don't need more Telecasters than this one!

This one is only in some recent videos

Get The Forum As A Mobile App