Author Topic: Ordered it. Got it. Like it. Reviews / Comments / Questions etc.  (Read 7977 times)

Offline close2u

• Administrator
  • All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 308
  • Teesside, North East England.
Ordered it. Got it. Like it. Reviews / Comments / Questions etc.
« on: September 14, 2012, 05:25:54 pm »
Reviews / Comments / Questions etc ...
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 07:31:49 am by close2u »

Offline trackside

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 3
Re: Ordered it. Got it. Like it. Reviews / Comments / Questions etc.
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2012, 07:41:54 am »
 Just ordered the new book and was wondering if the release dates are still accurate. End of November was quoted so any day now hopefully.

Offline stifflittlefingers

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 3
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2012, 05:55:04 pm »
I`ve ordered it but think it could be a bit later than I first thought.
Only because there is no video on the site to promote it.
Think Justin would make a vid priority for sales promotion.
Fingers crossed though..

quahog

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2012, 06:25:13 pm »
Yep... I ordered on also at the beginning of November so like you, I am patiently waiting.  Strange that the payment was debited from my account on the 4th but it's still not here though.  Most businesses debit only when shipment is on its way.

Offline magicalbrew

• Good Vibes 1
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2012, 08:28:06 am »
I've ordered it but expect that it will sit under a tree wrapped in Christmas paper until the 25th.  Can't wait to receive the parcel in the mail. :o

Offline sophiehiker

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 34
  • Salida, Colorado USA
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2012, 12:36:01 pm »
On the front page of justinguitar, under "Latest news - December 2012", Justin wrote,

"The Justinguitar Acoustic Songbook (for progressing / Intermediate players) is out now! Looks great and I'm real happy with it and I'm sure you will be too. It was all hands on deck trying to get 3000 books boxed and out the door... looking forward to seeing some reviews."

So they must be in the mail (post).
...where the deer and the antelope play.  Well, they're not really playing.  They're fleeing in terror.

quahog

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2012, 12:39:22 pm »
A new Justin video arrived in my inbox yesterday "The Justinguitar Acoustic Songbook Promo Video (PR-103)" which states the shipments started on 12/1.  I don't see it posted under lessons yet though. The video goes through the content and it looks good... can't wait.

Here's the video:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4sLajfrPVY&feature=em-uploademail

Offline Majik

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 56
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2012, 07:33:11 pm »
My Acoustic Songbook arrived today!

As the title suggests, this is only a "first impression" review.

I have the original Beginners Songbook so I knew roughly what to expect. Again it's a quality product but, this time, it has a spiral binding and I have to say it's a big improvement over binding on the first Songbook. The only think I would warn is that spiral bindings tend to be less rugged than many other kinds, so what you gain in usability you lose a bit in durability, but the usability of the spiral bound version wins for me every time.

As with the Beginner's Songbook, there's a nice clear index at the front with tick boxes to let you keep track of progress at different levels (started/learned/performed). There's a short intro, a practice guide, and then instructions for each stage and each song including performance tips. If you have the Beginner's Songbook then you will be familiar with the format.

There's a good range of songs covering a variety of genres and styles and difficulty levels. The initial songs start with basic strumming of open chords leading on to more complex chords, barre chords, more complex strumming patterns,  alternative tunings and fingerstyle. There's enough to keep players of all levels entertained.

I've not had a chance to start using it in anger yet, but I'm looking forward to spending time with it.  Once again, a quality product that's well worth the asking price.

Cheers,

Keith

Cheers,
Guitars: PRS Singlecut SE, Fender Tele Lite Ash, G&L Legacy Tribute, Freshman Apollo 2 OCBX
Amps: Bugera G5, Vox Pathfinder 15R, Roland Cube 20X
All sorts of other stuff.

Offline snuff

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 1
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2012, 10:34:00 pm »

It's rather good.

Offline justinguitar

• Administrator
  • Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 133
    • justinguitar.com
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2012, 02:11:24 pm »
Cheers Majik!
"You can get help from teachers, but you are going to have to learn a lot by yourself, sitting alone in a room." Dr. Seuss

Offline pomfritz

• Bedroom Rocker
  • Good Vibes 0
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2015, 05:07:17 pm »
Justin,

Enjoying learning the songs from this book.  I ordered it when it first came out and it's definitely helped my playing.  Would love for more lessons from this one. 

Thanks

Online Amelie

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 22
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2016, 12:55:19 am »
I just ordered this book. I'm really looking forward to it.

Get The Forum As A Mobile App