Author Topic: YouTube sound quality.  (Read 1157 times)

Offline allanhu

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 1
  • I wish I'd thought of that earlier
YouTube sound quality.
« on: November 20, 2012, 09:56:00 pm »
 Hi.
  Has anyone had problems with the sound quality on YouTube video's? Over the last few weeks, my you Tube sound has been awful. Like someone gargling on a drink whilst talking.
  My computer is running XP home, and Google Chrome. I hope someone can help me because Justins video's are un-watchable at the moment.
   Thanks all.
    Allan.

Offline Tourniquet

• Honorable Ex-Mod
  • Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 72
  • Time exists in abundance until it runs out
Re: YouTube sound quality.
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2012, 10:11:06 pm »
See if updating to the latest adobe flash fixes it.
       Road Case        Singing Primer guide

Offline Wishbone

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 105
  • Scouse B'Stard
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2012, 10:24:13 pm »
Which update?.......... The one from half nine this morning, or the one at half twelve? ......

....... Probably best to wait another half an hour until the next one.........  ;D

Actually, they seem to have slowed down a little this last week, but the constant updates were starting to get a little tiresome.

Offline Tourniquet

• Honorable Ex-Mod
  • Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 72
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2012, 07:10:54 am »
The only program I allow to auto update is antivirus, everything else is either "don't check" or blocked through the firewall.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Offline Wishbone

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 105
  • Scouse B'Stard
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2012, 08:54:46 am »
Same here ....... That's why it gets to be a pain ........ I update manually when it announces there's one available just as a matter of course, but I'm on the verge of switching off the notifications and updating only if and when a problem arises.

Offline Dan Graves

• All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 168
  • Is on the Outside, looking in
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2012, 11:00:44 am »
The only program I allow to auto update is antivirus, everything else is either "don't check" or blocked through the firewall.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Give me your IP adres Tourni, and i'll show you in under 20 minutes why it pays to update...   :-*
"You need a little bit of insanity to do great things"
--Henry Rollins

Offline Tourniquet

• Honorable Ex-Mod
  • Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 72
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2012, 05:47:19 pm »
Tempting, always better to have your security tested by a friendly, but I've recently migrated to windows 7 so all my applications are current.
Might boot into my old xp install this weekend to give you better odds.

Offline TB-AV

• Honorable Ex-Mod
  • All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 329
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2012, 06:37:44 pm »
So Mr Dan you are saying you can get through a locked down router in 20 minutes simply by knowing an IP.

To what degree of compromise?

For instance lets say the IP reports full stealth on Gibson Research for instance. What can you do in 20 minutes not being physically connected to the net in question? What finger prints will you leave in doing so?

Gone

Offline Dan Graves

• All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 168
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2012, 10:17:11 pm »
TB, a 'locked down router' still grants access to at least ports 80-81, otherwise you can't surf the web.
And most routers have more ports open than that, finding out which is a cinch with Nmap.

What degree of compromise ?
Depends on what it is i am eventually able to exploit.
With a flash or java exploit, you can usually get arbitrary code execution, and sometimes the same when i hit a Windows vulnerability that isn't patched.
What do i do then ?
Well, i could drop some remote shellcode, i could try and drop a proper trojan or crimekit, i could try a rootkit...
Whichever sticks depends on how well your AVS functions, and on whether or not it knows the malware i'm dumping on you.
But most options lead to some form of remote admin account acces, which means i can download and view any of your files, drop further malware on your PC to ensure i maintain acces,
erase files, read anything that isn't encrypted (and download encrypted files for later cracking), wipe harddrives, and generally wreak havoc on the machine...
If i am so inclined at that moment.

What can i do in 20 minutes ?
Scan ports, fingerprint OS, fingerprint running aps by sending packets to well known applications that 98% of the time have access through a firewall/router, do some reverse checks on well known websites to see if you visit them (you wouldn't believe how sloppy some websites handle their cookies!), and worst of all, i can run Metasploit, Canvas, Core Impact and/or Nessus in automated mode(s) against the target.
That's where the magic happens.

What fingerprints will i leave...
That depends who i'm doing the test for : if i'm doing it as a friend, i don't give a flying xx--xx about leaving prints, as i am doing it as a favor to them.

If i'm doing it professionally, i'll bounce through (compromised) shell accounts, use public WiFi (or cracked WiFi of some poor sap who decided using WEP or WPA1 was a good idea), or i'll do it openly.
Which one i choose depends on the job and on whether or not the object is me not getting caught.

If i'm being naughty  ;) , well, i might use some of the same routes as for Professional, and usually more nefarious means, like rent a botnet, and let each bot run Nmap scans, and let them do automated Nessus/Metasploit runs.
--Henry Rollins

Offline Dan Graves

• All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 168
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2013, 05:53:41 pm »
I figured that sometimes follow up to a topic like this can shed some light on what many believe to be arcane arts or otherwise hard to learn/'computer geeks only' type things.

Here is an example of a step by step tutorial with links to all necessary material, courtesy of the EHN : http://www.ethicalhacker.net/content/view/379/2/
It has all the info you need, links to software, and video lectures by Raphael Mudge.
This series of videos shows the use of Metasploit (Exploitation), Nmap(network sniffing/discovery), Armitage (a GUI that combines all necessary tools for using Metasploit in an automated fashion) and some others to compromise remote systems via various means, and it shows off advanced features like teamwork via Armitage (something i'm excited to see, and hoping to implement in future jobs, as it makes teamwork on penetration testing easy, doable, and most importantly, FUN !), using one compromised host to compromise (an)other(s) (AKA pivoting; a technique frequently used by Botnets), and some other nifty stuff.
It should also dispell some notions that network/system intrusions = hacking; most of the time it is just using tools to get a job done, and anyone who can put 2+2 together to make 4 can learn how to do such things.
--Henry Rollins

Get The Forum As A Mobile App