Author Topic: PC-102 • Decide What To Practice  (Read 16231 times)

Offline JCridford

• Good Vibes 0
Re: PC-102 • Decide What To Practice
« Reply #60 on: January 10, 2017, 12:33:40 pm »
Thanks for your help everyone :-)
What a warm welcome to the forum. I'll write about myself on the 'welcome' page, but long story short, I'd love to become a music/guitar teacher myself. I've been playing for 6 years, I'm 26 and have always thought about it, but have really started to seriously look at my playing and knowledge in the last 6 months.  If I can get there by 30 I'll be a happy man!

Given that I want to be a teacher, I think I need to take a methodical approach - stick to a few things at a time; master them and move on, becoming back to them for a refresher when I can.

Up until recently I've always been a 'feel' player - my techniques have been okay but not where I'd like them to be, and since starting my practice schedules and working hard, I've seen good results so far.

Offline Dr Winterbourne

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 54
« Reply #61 on: January 10, 2017, 02:37:39 pm »
I am a teacher of literature and language, and have learnt so much about how to present and sequentially structure courses from this site. If you want to learn to teach, the Beginner's Course on this site is a masterclass in presenting information in a way that really helps, supports, encourages and teaches students. It rewards study.
Squier Custom II Telecaster, Yerasov GTA 15, Vox AC4, Big Muff, Vox Wah, Bad Monkey, Belcat Analog Delay, Phase 90, Ditto X2, Dyna Comp, Splash MkIII, Boss TU3, bashed-up acoustic, Keyser and Shubb capos, picks, Voodoo Labs Pedal Power

Offline JCridford

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #62 on: January 10, 2017, 10:50:43 pm »
Thanks for the tip! I will definitely check it out :-)

J

Get The Forum As A Mobile App