Author Topic: PC-101 • Set Goals  (Read 6639 times)

Offline Indigo

• Administrator
  • Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 3
PC-101 • Set Goals
« on: November 12, 2012, 01:12:16 pm »
« Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 10:42:15 am by Indigo »

Offline shadowscott007

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 118
Re: PC-101 • Set Goals
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2012, 01:24:41 am »
So, I get stuck at this one.  I want to play anything that I hear that I like.  This has got my gears grinding a bit.

Shadow
The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Offline sophiehiker

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 34
  • Salida, Colorado USA
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2012, 12:54:14 pm »
@Shadow,  It bothered me too until I read the following post from @strikealight.  Now my goal is to produce more "tingle moments".

http://justinguitarcommunity.com/index.php?topic=31086.msg257063#msg257063
...where the deer and the antelope play.  Well, they're not really playing.  They're fleeing in terror.

tomdm1984

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2013, 10:00:59 pm »
Hi justin! this part is what i think is hard for me.
i'm a beginner at electric, already in class for classical guitar 2 years now.
After 3 years we can switch to electric, but i want to start practicing a bit already.
i can strum some open position chords but i want to be an overall good blues player.
But how do i fill in what is in between now and being a blues player, i mean i cannot know what i have to learn to get there and in wich order because i'm beginner. If i know those steps i could set my mini goals. Now for me there is just a whole lot to learn in every way: scales, chords, lead, licks, improv etc but all this different and much information confuses me. I don't know what to to first to reach my goal. I feel that i am drowning in al the stuff and can't get things structured to reach my main goal!

thanks for the help!

rvirtuosics

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2013, 10:44:36 am »
Hello,
I have been playing guitar without a formal schedule for a long time now but upon stumbling on this site, I have discovered that many things from the beginners course are not known to me yet. I can play some hard songs but I lack the basics at the same time. So the question is, should I only focus on the beginners course now or can I mix it up with the harder songs I want to learn?

Offline stitch101

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 147
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2013, 07:22:00 pm »
Do the beginner course from the start. The lessons you know you will go thought quickly the things you
need to brush up on may take a few hours or days, the thing you don't know you will learn and need to
know when you take the intermediate course.

Offline Barry Badrinath

• Bedroom Rocker
  • Good Vibes 1
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2013, 11:14:09 pm »
I suppose I am echoing the question above, but as I am still working my way through the beginner course, I am thinking that my goal at this stage should be to get that completed and everything completed. Post that I have a rough idea of where i'd like to go - be able to play some nice blues stuff, as well as a few of my favourite artists' stuff.

So that is my long term goal, but upon completing the beginners course, set a few short term goals using the intermediate course and other learning support available to get to where I want to be?

Offline iyingbrad

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2015, 05:09:54 pm »
Hi justin! i've studied this part but i think is hard for me.
My long term goal is to be able to play fingerstyle of pop songs that i love ,
but i don't know how to get the goal?? what techniques should i learn ???
Please give me some advice ,   hope your  response   :)

BRAD

Offline stitch101

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 147
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2015, 07:39:44 pm »
Start with Justin's beginner course. It doesn't mater what style of music you want to play
you need a good foundation. The beginner course is this foundation.

Welcome to the forum.

Offline iyingbrad

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2015, 01:11:36 am »
Hi justin ! Sorry Me again , i've already finished all the beginner course ,
i wonder whether  i should go through all the "intermediate  method" before
i take the "Folk (Fingerstyle) lessons" ,or take the  "intermediate  method" and
"Folk (Fingerstyle) lessons" at the same time??
                                                                    sincerely  thanks your advice

BRAD         

Offline virgo65

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 1
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2018, 12:48:02 am »
My goal is to play my favorites tunes as a hobby on my acoustic guitar.... the best is to follow the beginners course and intermediate foundation ?
Acoustic guitar:Yamaha F-325

Online DavidP

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 114
  • You're always learning about guitars-Keef Richards
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2018, 04:44:32 pm »
My goal is to play my favorites tunes as a hobby on my acoustic guitar.... the best is to follow the beginners course and intermediate foundation ?
Yup.  I can't say when you'll be playing your favourite tunes, not knowing your favourite tunes  ;D But can say you'll be playing tunes in a simple but musical way almost from the outset of the Beginner Course.  And the further you progress the wider the options will become and you'll be fancying them up as well.  Welcome  and enjoy the journey.

Get The Forum As A Mobile App