Author Topic: PLEASE PUT REVIEWS HERE - but not questions...  (Read 161921 times)

Online Joerfe

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 98
Re: PLEASE PUT REVIEWS HERE - but not questions...
« Reply #195 on: April 09, 2016, 09:51:55 am »
I just purchased it and love it!  I would really love a Ukulele version of this as well!, 

When you have finished it You should be able to use your knowledge on the ukulele.
/Jesper

Sigma SOMR28H, Fender Classic '50s Tele, Fender Std Stratocaster, Gibson lpj '14, BOSS Katana 100-212 amp.
Me on da Soundcloud https://soundcloud.com/jesper-j-rgensen-11

Offline shadowscott007

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 117
« Reply #196 on: April 09, 2016, 05:07:59 pm »
How do you make a guitar a ukelele?

Capo on the 5th fret and play the top (thinnest) 4 strings.  Except for the fact that the lowest string ends up an octave low, all the chord shapes and grips come out identical.  Handy for a guitarist who wants to use the understanding of guitar mechanics to give them a head start on uke.

Shadow
The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Offline suzidownunder

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 9
« Reply #197 on: April 10, 2016, 04:51:55 am »
Just downloaded Justins book on theory to my tablet. Looks very comprehensive. Always happy when I can donate to Justin and this looks well worth it!

Sent from my SM-N915G using Tapatalk

Offline batwoman

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 33
« Reply #198 on: January 26, 2017, 01:01:24 am »
I bought a copy of this little gem last week. My only regret is that I didn't do it months ago. Like all the stuff Justin offers us, it's easy to use, fun to read, well laid out, full of interesting, useful info and it gives my hungry brain something to devour, yum yum. Justin has a gift for making the obscure accessible and to give it a place in the practical musical experience. Thanks Justin  :)

Offline awooly

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 1
« Reply #199 on: August 03, 2017, 02:07:39 pm »
Been playing guitar since February and currently working my way through Stage 4 of the BC.

Bought and downloaded this a couple of days ago and have only worked through the first few pages but gee the guitar is starting to make sense now!!

Highly recommend this.

Sent from my iPhone using JustinGuitar.com Forum

Offline alessia297

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #200 on: August 07, 2017, 01:24:40 am »
Amazing book. I wanted to get into jazz but jazz charts always confused me, and I never understood where the m7b5 or 9 chords came from. This book cleared up all my doubts.
Also, if you want to take Justin's aural training course, jazz course or any other course, reading this book beforehand is extremely useful because 1) he often refers to it 2) whenever he says xyz doesn't matter because it's just music theory, you won't be confused because the basics are all here.
A MUST.

Offline Cyclebob

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #201 on: August 08, 2017, 12:28:59 am »
This is a very good resource: practical & simply explained. I feel like it's distilled down to the theory that has immediate application to the guitar and really does improve your fret board fluency and understanding of what your playing. Well worth the cost especially considering your dollars are supporting all the other free learning resources.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Get The Forum As A Mobile App