Author Topic: PLEASE PUT REVIEWS HERE - but not questions...  (Read 192366 times)

ambersmiths

Re: PLEASE PUT REVIEWS HERE - but not questions...
« Reply #150 on: March 13, 2012, 06:43:41 am »
Got the Book so far it nice kind of work for me.

modest_mouse

« Reply #151 on: April 08, 2012, 08:53:27 pm »
Hi, just wondering if there is any update to the ETA of the paper version of PMT? Been holding out for a while  :)

Thanks!

adraw

« Reply #152 on: June 26, 2012, 07:35:26 pm »
I love practical music theory. Especialy the way, how it progresses towards more and more complex concepts. Sometimes I was a little bid overwhelmed by the amount of information, but as time progressed, with more takes, it became natural.

I can only encourage to download this ebook. It helps a lot and its fun to learn from.

bluesfloyd

« Reply #153 on: June 30, 2012, 10:43:47 am »

hi guys,
             new to this site, first post, not sure where its going to end up, got the e. book  the other day, some stuff i know , lots i do not know, very well explained, its going to really help me, i am sure of that, a big thanks justin for all your hard work,   i will now check where this post as gone,  ha  ha ha ha ha ha,

all the best,       bluesfloyd.

Offline DA_music

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 1
« Reply #154 on: June 30, 2012, 12:13:46 pm »
Had this for a couple of weeks and I've been reading through it a few times. I've even printed the thing off (DON'T do such a thing unless you have an insane amount of spare ink!) so that I can keep it on my music stand as I'm playing.

When it comes to any type of theory teaching there is actually more than just a simplification of the subject that is required. It is the simplification in such a way that the student is taken to the point where there is a full understanding by the end of the book/lesson so that practical usage is possible. Having this within a book is doubly difficult for a teacher as there is no two-way communication for the "master" to see what the apprentice has missed. Justin has taken Music Theory and has been able to do exactly this with a vast array of diagrams, exercises (potentially made from reading his text and given throughout) and with the usual talent of his teaching that we experience through his videos.

I won't say it is a must for all guitar players to learn. I'm the type of guy who would look to learn it even if it was only for major professionals, but what I can say is that with this book there should not be a fear of learning the topic. Working alongside other Justin lessons will keep any nerves/"eek...theory" reactions at bay and you'll end up knowing what you need to by the end of the book.
Gear: Squire Strat, Hohner MC-05 Classical

Total Hours Practiced: 12h 35m

Songs Transcribed: 0

Offline DA_music

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 1
« Reply #155 on: June 30, 2012, 12:17:20 pm »
I've printed mine from home and I'll say to anyone thinking about getting a hard copy to do make sure you've got a good amount of backup ink or can get it done from a place that won't charge an arm-and-a-leg/from work. It's definitely a help having a physical copy and I'll be printing off his other e-books as well, it's incredibly ink heavy. Black text, black music notations, black diagrams equals A Lot of Black!

bluesfloyd

« Reply #156 on: July 01, 2012, 01:10:21 am »

hi guys,
             new to this site, first post, not sure where its going to end up, got the e. book  the other day, some stuff i know , lots i do not know, very well explained, its going to really help me, i am sure of that, a big thanks justin for all your hard work,   i will now check where this post as gone,  ha  ha ha ha ha ha,

all the best,       bluesfloyd.

Offline jnb

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 3
  • 91°N, 212°W Lost again!
    • The Fat Cafe
« Reply #157 on: July 01, 2012, 10:21:22 am »
I've printed mine from home and I'll say to anyone thinking about getting a hard copy to do make sure you've got a good amount of backup ink or can get it done from a place that won't charge an arm-and-a-leg/from work. It's definitely a help having a physical copy and I'll be printing off his other e-books as well, it's incredibly ink heavy. Black text, black music notations, black diagrams equals A Lot of Black!

Can't say I've tried printing that but I've printed a lot of scores and something I've noticed is that you can't even use ink save or draft modes to save a bit of money. If I try that with some of the scores I have all the crotchets don't get filled in and turn into minims, which makes it a bit confusing to read! ???

Offline DA_music

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 1
« Reply #158 on: July 01, 2012, 11:44:04 am »
I don't know if having a higher end printer would do a better job in those modes but for "standard" printers it is definitely an either/or situation. You print it and take a hit or you only use the electronic version.

Either way though it's a great book to have.

FaxteR

« Reply #159 on: July 08, 2012, 01:45:53 am »
Would it be possible to get this book on amazon?
They're pretty big at selling eBooks and stuff. Could be way more easy for alot of people!

(Me included), some people don't want to get their bank account data on the internet in too many places.
Amazon got them and I don't want to make a PayPal Account just for getting this eBook. =/

All those Begginer's "real paper books" are there, but I think I'm beyond that phase for now. :)

Any chance at all?

Offline bobz1b

• Bedroom Rocker
  • Good Vibes 1
  • Guitar fanatic
« Reply #160 on: September 01, 2012, 09:38:11 pm »
Hi all

I bought this book recently and I can honestly say its the best theory tutorial I have read, the quiz or test pages can be used again and again and can be used as exersises to keep growing and learning, I`m only about half way through it but it has opened my eyes to technical stuff on the guitar, I would highly recommend it.
I  can`t thank you enough Justin. I have played off and on for 40 years  and I feel this book is helping pieces of a jigsaw drop into place

Fondest regards

bobz1b

quahog

« Reply #161 on: September 08, 2012, 01:40:59 pm »
Hey Everyone!

Well, last night I finished the PMT.  WOW! What a great theory book.  I can honestly say it's improved my understanding of the guitar and music theory tenfold.  Best $15 I've spent in a long time.

I also recently picked up Justin's CCG but I plan to really spend some more time working out chords all over the neck until this stuff really sinks in. 

Buy it... you won't be disappointed.

Offline Guitar_noob

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 18
« Reply #162 on: September 08, 2012, 08:53:07 pm »
Useful information right from the beginning. Each page's bringing you some enlightment. Everything's starting to make sense after a few pages. You really understand how you guitar works.

A must have, really !

And 10€ only. :)
限界などない!停滞しているだけだ!

conv90

« Reply #163 on: January 04, 2013, 10:59:18 am »
I really want this BOOK.
but I hate to read on my PC or tablet.
Can you confirm that this book is only in .PDF ??
Thanks

Offline Endureth

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 47
« Reply #164 on: January 04, 2013, 02:33:01 pm »
I really want this BOOK.
but I hate to read on my PC or tablet.
Can you confirm that this book is only in .PDF ??
Thanks

Yes, but you can print it up.

Get The Forum As A Mobile App