Author Topic: SB-101 • Way Over Yonder In A Minor Key - Billy Bragg and Wilco  (Read 5661 times)

Offline Indigo

• Administrator
  • Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 3

Offline pomfritz

• Bedroom Rocker
  • Good Vibes 0
Re: SB-101 • Way Over Yonder In A Minor Key - Billy Bragg and Wilco
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2012, 06:36:29 pm »
I have been practicing this style and need some help on hitting the  A string consistently with the thumb.  E string is no problem, hey it's at the top.  But can't seem to figure out how to train the hand to know where the A or D is consistently especially after the UDUDUD of the chord.  I seem to have better luck if I leave off the last U stroke as my thumb seems to be better positioned to where it needs to be after the D stroke.  But I don't want to limit my strumming patterns like that with this style.  Any suggestions on having the thumb know where each string esp after the rest of the hand is strumming away?  Another challenge in the never ending quest to learn this wonderful instrument.

Offline Shon414

• Good Vibes 0
Re: SB-101 • Way Over Yonder In A Minor Key - Billy Bragg and Wilco
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2013, 02:01:03 am »
Not sure how this is going to work out.
To make the song doable at full speed and my current level.

I dropped the last up on the strum.
I use my thumb solely to strum so I can use my other fingers as an anchor so I can hit base note consistently.
I use the technique like Justin mentioned in some of his videos (Like in Wonderwall) I use a G,Cadd9,Dsus4 and Em7, So 2 fingers are always anchored.

As I progress I hope to add back the up strum and eventually float the strumming hand.

Any advice appreciated.

Get The Forum As A Mobile App