Author Topic: Intermediate Guitar Method  (Read 1915 times)

Offline bika

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 1
Intermediate Guitar Method
« on: October 04, 2012, 01:57:06 pm »
 I haven't visited the forum in a long time.

I have found the lessons generally very good but get annoyed when justin suggests (leaning melodic patterns) to 'make sure you get the patterns written down in front of you..' (DVD 3) then you have go to the website and trawl through it all looking for PDF files.... frustration, loose momentum with the lesson, skip it and move onto the next one.  I work away and very rarely have good internet access.  I have quite a few justinguitar products, and value them.  In regards to the intermediate lessons ... I seem to cherry pick through.

I know people have commented on the PDF's over a year ago ... but I jsut wanted to through my 2 cents.

Sometimes I don't think there is really any advantage to buying the DVD's.  May be better just to do the lessons online and be done with it and chuck in a donation sometime to show appreciation.

I started buying justinguitar products as a way of supporting the website.

Offline Dr Winterbourne

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 46
Re: Intermediate Guitar Method
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2012, 06:26:33 pm »
What I do is I have an exercise book that I keep for each of the courses. I started this when I was in the middle of nowhere, with only limited internet access, like maybe once a week, and decided to learn the guitar, so I would write out notes for myself from each stage of the beginners course, draw chord diagrams or print them and paste them in, 3rd grade style.

This practice worked really well to help remember it, to summarize the important stuff, and to give me a place to make notes. And the books have proved to be invaluable resources to have around the flat.

It means of lot of fiddling around on the day you do a stage or whatever, but it has paid off, I think.

Although supporting this site is a worthy end in itself.
Squier Custom II Telecaster, Vox AC4, Vox Wah, Bad Monkey overdrive, Belcat Analog Delay, MXR Phase 90, Behringer Tremolo, Ditto X2 looper, MXR Dyna Comp, Boss TU3, bashed-up acoustic, Keyser and Shubb capos, picks, Voodoo Labs PP2

Get The Forum As A Mobile App