Author Topic: TR-107 • More Pentatonics  (Read 11649 times)

Offline Uzny

• Good Vibes 0
Re: TR-107 • More Pentatonics
« Reply #15 on: December 25, 2016, 02:34:00 pm »
In excercise #107-C I've also transcribed the notes as being on different strings compared to the answer sheet, but I think it doesn't really matter, since only one note "left" the minor pentatonic box (one note left the box in the answer sheet too :) ). Anyway, here's my transcription (with the "out-of-the-box" note marked with an arrow):

Offline shadowscott007

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 118
« Reply #16 on: December 25, 2016, 04:02:43 pm »
Close, and I would agree that the right notes are more important than the location.  But in this exercise trying to get the location was part of it.

In bar 1.  (I only checked bar 1.)

Second note on your transcription shows 7th fret on second string, F#.  Justin's transcription shows a 3 on the second string, a D. 

So that could be a typo on your part and you meant to write that as a 7 on the third string, which is also a D and the correct note in a different place or you got the note wrong.

Same deal with the 6th note in the first bar.

The last note in the first bar should be a Bb.  You have an Eb.

I would play Justin's versus yours bar by bar to determine where the notes are correct, bUT in a different location, versus where the notes are incorrect.

Shadow

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Offline Uzny

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #17 on: December 25, 2016, 04:41:59 pm »
Damn, so many typos in that first bar... You are right, both 7s, an 8 and a 5 should be placed a line lower (I don't know what I was thinking  :-[ ).

Anyway, are there any downsides to sticking with this particular pentatonic box compared to Justin's?

Thanks!

Offline Chris!

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2018, 09:05:28 pm »
I'm just working my way through this course, transcribing is something I knew would be good for me, but found it intimidating, but this step by step approach is brilliant.

I do have a query, I'm on #107B and after working it out in a lower position I rewrote it in the 'proper' position, which thankfully matched the answer sheet, but before that, high on my new found 'talent' I decided the key had to be C... but the answer sheet shows it's Bb/Gm and now I'm confused!

This no doubt is another area of my hotchpotch of knowledge that I need to work on, but am I completely at sea in suggesting Justin used C Dorian? I have to confess I'm just looking through a scales book until something matches, I don't know my Dorian from my Phrygian!

Best wishes, Chris

Get The Forum As A Mobile App