Author Topic: TR-106 • Trusting Your Ears  (Read 10298 times)

Offline Loco

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 21
  • Love is too plebeian.
Re: TR-106 • Trusting Your Ears
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2012, 08:31:32 pm »
In the brief description of the exercise #106-D there is mentioned a tied note in the very end of the track but in fact that note appears in exercise #106-E instead.
Prudence is a rich, ugly, old maid courted by incapacity.

Offline Cereal Killer

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 1
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2014, 03:37:03 pm »
Hello there,

It seems no one has posted here in a year...Anyway, it seems the "random" notes have got me a little puzzled I went searching for notes 2 frets lower/higher than the scale is. For instance, I thought I was hearing notes D# and D (frets 4 & 3) on the B string while they were actually the same notes but on the G string (frets 8 & 7) meaning I got the notes right but on the wrong string...Are they counted as correct? Meaning am I transcribing it right or not?

Thanks

Offline sophiehiker

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 34
  • Salida, Colorado USA
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2014, 04:03:36 pm »
In the instructions Justin says, "So the exercises in this lesson are based around the Minor Pentatonic Pattern 1 (same as last lesson) but this time I am adding in other notes that do not belong to the scale, so you have to find them!!"  So Justin gives you a clue that you should be looking around the A minor pentatonic position one; that is, between the 5th and 8th frets.

That being said, most people (especially, me  ;D ) find it difficult to tell the difference between the D note on the B string and the D note on the G string.  If I were you, I wouldn't worry too much about it.   :)
...where the deer and the antelope play.  Well, they're not really playing.  They're fleeing in terror.

Offline Cereal Killer

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 1
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2014, 10:06:27 pm »
Hey,

Thanks for the reply  :) Well I kinda took "around" to the next level and went searching for the right notes all over the fret board, thanks for pointing that out.

Regards.

Offline MrBinns

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2014, 08:51:41 am »
On 106 B, the fourth measure has an F, on the and after the second beat, when it should be a F#. The tablature is correct but not the note on the staff.

and the C# on 106 E is very tricky

Offline blueguern

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 1
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2016, 05:22:43 pm »
Hi Guys,
Just started trying to transcribe a song to coincide with the intermediate course. I am using Torn by Natalie Imbruglia, I have downloaded this song and am using Transcribe to get the chords. I have also used Capo to do this. My problem is this, I feel I have done a good job  and got the first few chords correct. When I went to look at the Pop Song book I seem to have gotten all the chords sharpened by one half tone. Am I totally wrong or can the song be played using different chords. I feel a bit frustrated at the moment. Anyone got any advice. Cheers.

Offline stefanomoret

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2016, 11:08:19 pm »
Hey,

In #106-D I've the feeling that in the answer there's a note missing.. I've been listening to the track various times and I'd add a B on the first string at the beginning of bar 7. Don't you agree? Or is it a muted note maybe?

Thanks!

Offline michaelyang

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2017, 06:30:23 am »
Hey Justin,

Greetings from China. Like ur lessons very much, but I couldn't see(or download) the excercises in this transcribing lesson 105 and 106, I downloaded the pdf, but couldn't see the MP3. Could you please help to reply?

Thanks very much

Michael

Offline yundi

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2017, 11:52:13 am »
The mp3 files are links to soundcloud, maybe you can't see these links because your browser is blocking them, check your browser settings because I had the same issue and now I can see the audio files.

By the way, I just wanted to thank Justin for this course, I see that not too many people dare to take this lesson (I guess because this is not an easy thing), but this is a really good resource, thank you so much!!!

Get The Forum As A Mobile App