Author Topic: TR-106 • Trusting Your Ears  (Read 14002 times)

Offline justinguitar

• Administrator
  • Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 160
    • justinguitar.com
TR-106 • Trusting Your Ears
« on: June 29, 2012, 05:15:40 pm »
Lesson Link: http://justinguitar.com/en/TR-106-TrustingYourEars.php

Questions...

You really want the answers do you? Well here ye go: http://www.payloadz.com/d1/freeproducts.asp?id=1629699
« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 02:11:15 am by Indigo »
"You can get help from teachers, but you are going to have to learn a lot by yourself, sitting alone in a room." Dr. Seuss

Offline velovagabond

• Good Vibes 1
Re: TR-106 • Trusting Your Ears
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2012, 12:47:07 am »
Something seems to have happened to the sound files for the transcribing course (at least for me). I had no issues when I went thru TR-105 a couple weeks ago, but when I tried to do TR-106 yesterday and today, I just get a white box where the files should be. Went back and checked the other TR lessons and can't access the files for those now either.

Using Firefox 12.0, if that matters.

Offline sophiehiker

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 34
  • Salida, Colorado USA
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2012, 01:49:22 pm »

Same thing happened to me when I first loaded the TR-105 page, but the tracks appeared when I reloaded the page.  Maybe the link to Soundcloud is a little slow.
...where the deer and the antelope play.  Well, they're not really playing.  They're fleeing in terror.

Offline velovagabond

• Good Vibes 1
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2012, 10:47:20 pm »
Tried reloading multiple times to no avail.

It does seem to be some sort of issue with Firefox (maybe in combo with Windows 7). When I brought up the lesson on Internet Explorer the sound files loaded fine. I also tried it on another computer (running Firefox on Windows XP) and they loaded there as well. But Firefox on Windows 7 is a 'no-go'.

But bottom line is I got the files downloaded, so I can start transcribing now!

Offline jacksroadhouse

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 48
    • Acoustic Passion Blog
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2012, 11:28:30 pm »
I'm using Firefox and Windows 7, works fine every time, no need to reload anything.

Proteus124

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2012, 07:41:19 pm »
I tried transcribing awhile back but always got sick of listening to the same song before i could finish it so hopefully these lessons will be my inspiration to continue. After 7 years of practicing I need to learn more than A D E songs.

Just wanted to add, I got the first one right in 30mins :)

Offline Darka

• Pub Night Playa
  • Good Vibes 5
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2012, 07:02:01 pm »
I'm not using the worksheets as I'm trying to get the notes and rhythm myself but I'm having a problem with measure 2 of Exercise #106-F.

The worksheet says, 3 eighth notes, 1 quarter note and a dotted quarter note

But, I get 4 quarter notes and a half note (from listening to the note durations), but I can't see where I'm going wrong, anyone else trying to get the rhythm themselves?

regards,
Darka
Ibanez Prestige SV5470F | Ibanez RGR321EX | Blackstar HT-5RH | Focusrite Scarlett 2i4
tc electronic - polytune | flashback delay | BOSS - RC-3 Looper

Offline Gdbuman

• Good Vibes 1
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2012, 11:48:19 pm »
I must not be hearing this right, but on 106D Last note in 1st measure and 1st note in 2nd measure are the same and very quick. Or is the 1st note of 2nd measure completely different.  Thanks

Offline sophiehiker

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 34
  • Salida, Colorado USA
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2012, 01:33:13 pm »

They're different.   :( 

I'll give you a hint.  The second meaure is a palindrome (read the same way in either direction, forward or backward).
...where the deer and the antelope play.  Well, they're not really playing.  They're fleeing in terror.

Offline Gdbuman

• Good Vibes 1
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2012, 08:16:23 am »
Thanks, I got it now. It really sounded like that note was played twice. I had to speed it up a little to hear it correctly. The transcribe program is great.

Offline stevea

• Pub Night Playa
  • Good Vibes 2
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2012, 02:52:12 pm »
Really enjoyed transcribing these exercises.

I just made a couple of mistakes on #106-E

[start mod edit ...

In a certain bar, Justin plays a certain note on the G string fret x, where I played it on the B string at fret y. This happened again in the another bar ...

end mod edit]

Does this make any difference as it is the same note.

TBH I have since tried playing it the way that Justin plays it and it seems easier to play as it is not as far a stretch for the following notes.

« Last Edit: August 22, 2012, 12:55:26 pm by close2u »

Offline Cue Zephyr

• All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 90
  • Who's picking the banjo here?
    • Ezyo Music
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2012, 08:20:46 pm »
You've answered your own question.

I'm having a heck of a time figuring this out myself. I could play a lick, phrase or solo in 2-3 places and they all aren't that different in terms of awkwardness. :P

I do think that Justin says somewhere that where the reach is the easiest (where notes are closest together) is probably the right way as it will be the most logical way.
Guitar, banjo, mandolin and piano, bass and percussion only when needed
Production and mixing

Offline TB-AV

• Honorable Ex-Mod
  • All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 329
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2012, 12:38:06 am »
@Darka... the answer sheets have been proof read multiple times. It's easy to get your bars mixed up when you start and stop a lot. Sometimes it helps to go back to beginning and listen to it while you count the notes. Just tap your pencil on the notes as they play. That should clear it up for you.
Gone

Offline close2u

• Administrator
  • All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 445
  • Teesside, North East England.
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2012, 08:17:11 am »
NOTE

If you are asking question please make them as non-specific as possible and as general as possible ... avoiding giving spoilers and answers if possible.

Offline stevea

• Pub Night Playa
  • Good Vibes 2
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2012, 08:23:37 am »
NOTE

If you are asking question please make them as non-specific as possible and as general as possible ... avoiding giving spoilers and answers if possible.

Sorry  Close2u

Will remember to be non specific future

Get The Forum As A Mobile App