Author Topic: TR-105 • Pentatonic Beginnings  (Read 29577 times)

Dan77

Re: TR-105 • Pentatonic Beginnings
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2012, 10:08:43 pm »
Hmm i actually got a diff answer for 105-A for the first two bars

Bar 1: 7 on the  D string, 5 on the G string. Bar 2:  7 on D, 5 on D, 7 on A and 5 on A

Using what i learned from Justin's CAGED theory lesson, it should be the same notes just in different locations on the fretboard.

Offline sophiehiker

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 34
  • Salida, Colorado USA
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2012, 12:14:44 pm »

Sames notes, different octave. 
...where the deer and the antelope play.  Well, they're not really playing.  They're fleeing in terror.

nickv3

« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2012, 02:04:36 pm »
Just flown through a, b and c in around 30 mins!! You we right it's very satisfying when you work out a tricky note.

I've been playing and practicing like crazy for the last 14 months, and just as i was coming to what could have been a plateau i've found your site. Only been using it for a couple of days, but its a massive help, especially the structured practice stuff, like the 1 hour guitar workout!

Thanks!! ;D

Nikhil

« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2013, 06:58:04 pm »
I am having trouble figuring out the notes on the guitar. I am using an acoustic.

Earlier lesson i.e TR 104 the notes were easy to recognise. But in this case the leaning curve seems pretty steep. Mainly because the sound is pretty distorted. Maybe the electric guitar is using some distortion effects.

Sometimes I am getting the notes wrong by an exact octave. Sometimes it is way off.

Any pointers as to how to recognise that sound using an acoustic ?

Thanks.

Offline sophiehiker

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 34
  • Salida, Colorado USA
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2013, 07:45:08 pm »
I'm pretty sure Justin did not use any distortion effects.  The notes should sound pretty much the "same" on an acoustic.  Remember that all the notes are in the first position of the A minor pentatonic scale.  Hope that helps. 
...where the deer and the antelope play.  Well, they're not really playing.  They're fleeing in terror.

Nikhil

« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2013, 08:02:19 pm »
I'm pretty sure Justin did not use any distortion effects.  The notes should sound pretty much the "same" on an acoustic.  Remember that all the notes are in the first position of the A minor pentatonic scale.  Hope that helps.

But there is a stark difference between the sound timbre of the lessons of 104 and those of 105. 104 seemed to be much easy. The sound was easily found on the acoustic.

But I guess,  being able to guess those sounds is not a big achievement.

Being able to correctly transcribe the notes of 105 would be better than that. But I am finding it quiite tough. Let's see , I guess it is practice and more practice.

Offline sophiehiker

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 34
  • Salida, Colorado USA
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2013, 02:07:11 pm »
@Nikhil,  Try playing along with the lesson after you have transcribed the notes.  You should be able to hear pretty quickly if it's right or not.

Offline misterg

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 125
  • Wales, UK
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2013, 03:33:36 pm »
But I guess,  being able to guess those sounds is not a big achievement.

Being able to correctly transcribe the notes of 105 would be better than that. But I am finding it quiite tough. Let's see , I guess it is practice and more practice.

The tracks deliberately get harder as you go throug the levels - from more 'realistic' guitar sounds, to things like more complicated drum and bass guitar. Every level is an achievement, and helps prepare you for the next one. I know that another of the beta-testers used an acoustic without too many problems (no more than those of us using electrics, anyway), so that in itself should not be a problem.

It is tough, and you will probably need to really concentrate and work at it, but you will learn through that experience.

Stick with it! :)

Offline mark767

• Bedroom Rocker
  • Good Vibes 1
« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2013, 01:41:35 am »
I am really encouraged so far.  This is about my third attempt at transcribing but first time doing this course.  The other attempts were trying to transcribe chords and it was not very good.

Anyway, just completed 105 A, B & C. Took me about 15 to 20 minutes each and scored 100% on all of them....so I am really pleased and pressing on.  I know it will get much harder but its a good start.

Offline matyjo

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2013, 03:07:29 am »
Please repost the answers as they are no longer available from the download sites.

the second link works with email address
« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 09:53:31 pm by matyjo »

Offline sophiehiker

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 34
  • Salida, Colorado USA
« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2013, 12:44:44 pm »
Yep, got this one too.   :o

Offline riff1964

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2013, 03:25:15 am »
Nice tutorial on transcribing, this is something I never imagined I could do. I have worked through the first three examples and got them mostly right which has given me a confidence boost.

Good work ...

Offline pratsikka

• Good Vibes 1
« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2013, 07:25:23 am »
Hello,

I am new to transcribing and I think I have almost got it, just want to confirm it with the answers.
The links to answer have expired. Can you please re-post it.

Offline sophiehiker

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 34
  • Salida, Colorado USA
« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2013, 12:35:27 pm »
... just want to confirm it with the answers.  The links to answer have expired. Can you please re-post it. 

The first link expired, but the second link still works.  http://www.payloadz.com/d1/freeproducts.asp?id=1629700

Put in any email address, make up one, and it will let you in.

Offline pratsikka

• Good Vibes 1
« Reply #29 on: October 14, 2013, 09:34:20 am »
Thanks, it wasn't working yesterday. But second link worked today. I got notes right but wrong octaves :-/

Get The Forum As A Mobile App