Author Topic: TR-103 • Software Advantages  (Read 7472 times)

Offline justinguitar

• Administrator
  • Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 160
    • justinguitar.com
TR-103 • Software Advantages
« on: June 11, 2012, 03:09:16 pm »
« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 02:09:40 am by Indigo »
"You can get help from teachers, but you are going to have to learn a lot by yourself, sitting alone in a room." Dr. Seuss

Offline perfopt

• Pub Night Playa
  • Good Vibes 3
Re: TR-103 • Software Advantages
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2012, 10:42:43 am »
Garageband (Mac version, not iOS) also has the ability to slow down songs. It is also fairly useful to record what you play as well as for different Amp effects. I would recommend it if you are a Mac user

Nikhil

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2013, 06:56:13 pm »
I have a query related to Transcribe software.

There is an option of slowing down the speed of the song. It is respresented by an icon of a man running and walking. My query is suppose I listen to a note being played in the song. And I slow it down , does it change the pitch of the note ?

My reasoning tells me that it should not affect the pitch of the note simply because , there is another option to do so. There is a tool in transcribe to step up by a semitone or step down.

Still I am not sure of it and hence I asked for confirmation.

Thanks.
Great software, great lessons by Justin and great community.  :)

Offline Arppa

• Good Vibes 1
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2013, 10:07:53 am »
Hello Mr Sandman (yes Justin, you´ve got a new nickname:) ) and others!http://justinguitarcommunity.com/Smileys/default/wink.gif
I have used Transcribe program for a over a month now and I think it is a very good program
and it has helped me a lot trying to get the notes right. Bought the "proper" version after the trial version, I think it is well worth the money spent.
It does not lower the pitch of the notes if you just reduce the speed but it can make pitch lower or higher it you do want that from the other part of the program. For instance if you guitar is not in tune this function can help you. Better stay in tune though....
You can find a preview in you tube for: "Transcribe Review"
If you have a riff or a lick video you would like to transcribe, it also shows the video at the same time, which is very useful for us beginners.
Highly recommanded!http://justinguitarcommunity.com/Smileys/default/cool.gif

Jambopete63

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2013, 05:27:01 pm »
Hi Justin.

Are there any lessons (video or otherwise) on how to get the most out of a transcription software programme such as Transcribe? I looked at the 12 minute video tutorial on how to use your new Time Trainer Metronome app and thought it was great. Got one straight away!

It would be fantastic if you could do something similar for Transcribe or point us in the right direction if something already exists.

Offline justinguitar

• Administrator
  • Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 160
    • justinguitar.com
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2013, 08:20:58 am »
I should do a video demo of it really - but I've struggled with doing screen casts... I really should get going on that though... and do some pro tools tutorials and other stuff too...
"You can get help from teachers, but you are going to have to learn a lot by yourself, sitting alone in a room." Dr. Seuss

Offline Majik

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 124
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2013, 09:52:28 am »
I should do a video demo of it really - but I've struggled with doing screen casts... I really should get going on that though... and do some pro tools tutorials and other stuff too...

I posted elsewhere on the forum about using the "On Air" Hangouts capability which streams to YouTube, primarily as an alternative to Ustream for live shows as it doesn't have the in-stream adverts.

This also supports screen sharing and you can connect to a hangout using the same account multiple times. One approach I have previously seen, and used, is to connect to the same hangout from 2 separate PCs, and do a screen share from one, so you get both the screen share and the webcam video.

It might be worth an experiment to see if it's a tool you can use and get along with. Here's a useful post from a veteran of On Air Hangouts which may be useful:

https://plus.google.com/+FraserCain/posts/PaeeynDx34L

There are also tools like Xplit for PC, Camtwist for Mac, and Webcamstudio for Linux that will let you mix screen sharing and webcam into a single video feed.

Cheers,

Keith
Guitars: PRS Singlecut S2, Fender Tele Lite Ash, G&L Legacy Tribute, Freshman Apollo 2 OCBX, Gibson SG Special P90
Amps: Bugera G5 Head, Boss Katana 100
All sorts of other stuff.

Jambopete63

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2013, 12:06:41 am »

Would be really awesome if you could one day. You showed us very briefly how you use it when I came down for a lesson in Jan with my daughter and have the software but not being a tech-head I know I could be getting far more out of it than I am. All the best!!

Peter

Offline Andreas Fischer

• Pub Night Playa
  • Good Vibes 5
    • Andreas Fischer - private Website
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2013, 12:10:02 pm »
.... I've struggled with doing screen casts...
Hi JUstin
Camtasia is a great tool for screen casts.
I have been working with it for years, its easy but gives you professional results.
Andreas Fischer
21. Oct. 2012: Just got a Fender Squier Affinity Strat after 25 Years not playing Guitar. It is my first E-Guitar.
Update; Now i have more than a Dozen Guitars

Offline Scooter Trash

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 80
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2013, 05:57:10 am »
A bit late on this, but FWIW, I use Telestream Wirecast and love it. If you purchase it "Desktop Presenter" is a free download and integrates with Wirecast. The combination is very powerful and easy to use. You can also use it along with DVDriver to publish to sites that require Webcams.
I dream of a better tomorrow where chickens can cross roads without their motives being questioned.

Get The Forum As A Mobile App