Author Topic: Record an Album in a Month  (Read 1062 times)

joshs

Record an Album in a Month
« on: February 02, 2012, 08:00:33 pm »
I thought I already posted this, but apparently not. There's a website/forum dedicated to recording an album in the shortest month of the year. Well, I should have mentioned this last week, since there's already 1-2 days down depending on your time zone. But anyway, there's still plenty of time to participate (I haven't recorded anything yet, so no head start for me! ;-) )...

http://rpmchallenge.com

Hope some folks on here will do it so we can share our result on March 1st! ;-)

Offline justinguitar

• Administrator
  • Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 152
    • justinguitar.com
Re: Record an Album in a Month
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2012, 04:36:20 pm »
 kind of a fun idea, but I'm not sure how much quality music  we'll get out of that!
"You can get help from teachers, but you are going to have to learn a lot by yourself, sitting alone in a room." Dr. Seuss

joshs

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2012, 06:28:46 am »
You'd be surprised! Take a listen to the jukebox. There are some really great songs. If you think about it, a month isn't that short a time. There are plenty of great albums recorded in a day (Ventures were know for it). Of course, that's showing up to a studio well rehearsed. But anyway, not impossible... Anyway, I completed it! It was a crazy month. All the time I'd usually spend playing guitar I spent recording/mixing etc... and then some. Didn't do much else. Came out "OK". Had some challenges both physical, mental and material (my recording interface broke...). I'll post the results over in the right section.

Offline close2u

• Administrator
  • All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 439
  • Teesside, North East England.
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2012, 06:46:38 am »
@ joshs

congrats on the achievement ... hope to get a listen at some point

:)

joshs