Author Topic: problem with quicktime plugin  (Read 1071 times)

Offline Loco

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 21
  • Love is too plebeian.
problem with quicktime plugin
« on: December 31, 2011, 03:32:48 pm »
i can't get justin's ear trainer to work, when i click on start it says that the QT plugin has crashed

i have windows 7 x64, firefox 8.0, quicktime 7.7.1

any ideas?
Prudence is a rich, ugly, old maid courted by incapacity.

BenDover

Re: problem with quicktime plugin
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2012, 10:10:22 am »
Same here,

I tried with Windows 7 (IE and Firefox), Android and OpenSuse. QuickTime is up to date - just updated it again today but it keeps crashing.

Any solution / suggestion to it?

My ear is really "bad" and Justin claims we should work out the stuff our self. I really like getting into that, but I feel the need for some ear training up-front  ;)

Cheers!

Offline old-and-in-the-way

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 5
  • That's what I heard him say
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2012, 01:57:32 pm »
I don't think it's a quicktime problem -- it doesn't work on my system either (even when I allow all of the tracking javascript nonsense), which doesn't use quicktime for audio.

Edit ...

Hrm.  that may not be the case -- something may have snatched my soundcard and timidity can't get lock.

Nope, it's definitely busted.

The ear trainer generates a midi stream from http://www.justinguitar.com/eartrainer/app/generate.php (based on an argument it's given)

eg

http://www.justinguitar.com/eartrainer/app/generate.php?fd168217a0b27fe70362548671240585

This produces output marked audio/midi, but the inlined file in the body is empty.

Therefore, generate.php is buggered.  There will probably be useful information in the apache error log for whoever writes/maintains these tools.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2012, 02:21:57 pm by old-and-in-the-way »

Online LievenDV

• Administrator
  • All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 152
    • Point Fifty
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2012, 02:24:49 pm »
greetings all,

A few weeks back, whe drew the same conclusion (that the generated midi will need to be formatted differently) and we informed the developer of the ear trainer. Ip till now; it seems that he haven't found a working solution yet...
my band: fb: Point Fifty | Instagram: Point Fifty

Offline Loco

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 21
  • Love is too plebeian.
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2012, 02:58:46 pm »
It's not a problem with quicktime itself, it's a problem with quicktime FF plugin. I tried Google Chrome and it works fine. I'm not really happy with having browser installed just for one app but hey...
Prudence is a rich, ugly, old maid courted by incapacity.

Byshon

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2012, 05:26:50 pm »
greetings all,

A few weeks back, whe drew the same conclusion (that the generated midi will need to be formatted differently) and we informed the developer of the ear trainer. Ip till now; it seems that he haven't found a working solution yet...

Get The Forum As A Mobile App