Author Topic: Slide...  (Read 1315 times)

Offline bigdawg

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 1
« on: March 28, 2011, 01:34:24 pm »
there seems to be a huge hole in lessons when it comes to slide - a beginners slide tutorial would be fantastic..

Offline Wasp

• Good Vibes 1
Re: Slide...
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2012, 02:06:34 pm »
I know exactly what you mean. 

It would be organic if someone gave a lesson on how to use a slide (not a lap guitar like Ben Harper's) and how to apply it to a simple solo without having to have some unusable alternate tuning action happening.

Thanks in advance for helping us non-sliding folk out!!!!

Online LievenDV

• Administrator
  • Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 110
    • Point Fifty
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2012, 04:10:06 pm »
In one of his video's, Justin states that he isn't that good at playing slide and for now, he won't be doing any lessons on it.
Listen to my band Point Fifty (free downloads)

Offline justinguitar

• Administrator
  • Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 122
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2012, 04:58:02 pm »
Lieven  is right here guys. I'm just not much good at playing slide guitar, I can kind of laugh a few things, so I might be in order for someone into thinking that I was okay at, but I know the truth, and I'd just rather stick to things that I feel confident with.

however, I do love slide guitar, and at some stage I'd really like to spend some time practising it myself, and then, and probably only then, will I do a series of lessons on it!
"You can get help from teachers, but you are going to have to learn a lot by yourself, sitting alone in a room." Dr. Seuss